Quantcast

This f*king stupid "economic stimulus package"

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Ooh, they're gonna send out $600 checks to everyone in f*king June. Where do these retards come from? 99% of that money is going to go to either interest on credit card debt, or booze and weed. Are politicians in DC really this stupid?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Ooh, they're gonna send out $600 checks to everyone in f*king June. Where do these retards come from? 99% of that money is going to go to either interest on credit card debt, or booze and weed. Are politicians in DC really this stupid?
Yes they are that stupid. At least money spent on weed wont just go directly to the Chinese.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Yes they are that stupid. At least money spent on weed wont just go directly to the Chinese.
That'd be putting money back into the local economy here:busted:

This is still a rediculous idea though. That money would be better directed at the national debt, our underfunded schools, health care, etc.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Everyone should be forced to watch the Futurama tax rebate episode before cashing their checks.

Bender said:
I don't know if I am going to get a $600 hookerbot or 600 $1 hookerbots
Personally I am going to drink 600 cups of coffee.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
That'd be putting money back into the local economy here:busted:

This is still a rediculous idea though. That money would be better directed at the national debt, our underfunded schools, health care, etc.

But schools would just waste money by hiring teachers and buying supplies or cutting local taxes. That wouldn't help the economy at all.

Bread and Circus is what we need. They should skip the checks and just send everyone a widescreen TV and a couple cases of Bud Light.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
The problem is nobody in congress has the balls to stand up to the predatory banks. A single mother is late on one credit card payment and all her cards get jacked up to 30.99% interest. And congress decides the best solution is to send her some money.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
99% of that money is going to go to either interest on credit card debt, or booze and weed.
Drunk and stoned people need munchies.

Munchies are bought locally.

Thus, it is stimulating the economy.

Geez, I thought you were smart.

Stray_cat

Monkey
Nov 13, 2007
Providence
The problem is nobody in congress has the balls to stand up to the predatory banks. A single mother is late on one credit card payment and all her cards get jacked up to 30.99% interest. And congress decides the best solution is to send her some money.
Not when the banks have made themselves integral to the political process. It's all pretty sad if you think about too much. Well, I think I’ll go dig up some Utah Phillips and play it throughout the office.

I think I'll take the 600 out in 1s and wall paper my room. Either that or make paper maiche piñatas filled with nips.

tonyhawk

bikerag.com whore
Sep 21, 2003
CT
Are politicians in DC really this stupid?
Actually, they're that smart. The average American will get their $600 check and say, "Gee, those politicians are really looking out for my best interests. I'm gonna help re-elect them all."

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
here's a novel idea... maybe if we weren't blowing half the federal budget on a Vietnam Part 2: The Middle East Chronicles, our economy wouldn't be so badly in the sh*tter.

Westy... I'm actually pretty confident that they got this idea from Futurama. I mean come one, these guys have administrative assistants that have to remind them to breathe.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Dumb question:

Does this plan give you an additional $600 deduction on your taxes, or gives you $600 on top of your refund when you file? I ask, as I can claim enough deductions to not pay any taxes at all this year... :D

In any case, the money will be going into savings.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Does this plan give you an additional $600 deduction on your taxes, or gives you $600 on top of your refund when you file? I ask, as I can claim enough deductions to not pay any taxes at all this year... :D
Neither, it's going to be a separate check. They're specifically segregating it from this year's tax refund because they want it to be looked at as free money and spent accordingly.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
"Tax Rebate Deal Could Mean Checks by May"

It's damn near spent already. In fact, I think I will run up a $600 CC bill now so I feel like I "earned" it by May. :thumb:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I'm going to put mine in the bank. It is really just a loan so I'm saving it for when the Chinese make the margin call.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
i really dont understand the theory that giving moving money from the gov to the low and middle class folks will cause a surge of spending and avert (or at least dampen) a recession.

Seems to me just a redistribution of wealth from the taxpayers to the nontaxpayers to the businesses...

Will this money really spur businesses to produce more cheap sh!t in China to sell to the WalMart shopper?

Perhaps LordoPie can help out here...