Sand, CA
thats a great idea. now lets go jump off a cliff without my bike

nice hair btw

Broken_Spoke

Mr. Big Hot Pastrami
Feb 26, 2003
Bozeman, MT
splat said:
My old Fat Chance had Press in Bearings on the Bottom Bracket was a Pain in the A$$, they did not last very long and getting them out a a royal pain.
Yes it does seem like it would be a pain to get them out

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
getting them out is the same as getting bearings out of an american BB. big ass hammer.

fly is a bmx company. there has been a change in bmx BB's in the last year or so. from giant american BB's to euro BB's. the concern was/is, that bmx kids (stunt riders, not racers) abuse their bikes so having a threaded BB like the euro wasn't a good idea. also, the bearings are smaller then the giant American BB's.

the above press in BB, named the Spanish BB (Fly is from spain) has bearing slightly larger then a euro BB. but no threads to get messed up like a euro BB has.
keep in mind, some kids do grinds on their crank arms/bb shell.

FSA makes the Megatech BB that is kind of along the same lines. but they don't care much about putting out new products, so you will never see it available...

Smelly

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
out yonder, round bout a hootinany
i don't get it. why use smaller bearings than in an american BB? i thought the reason for using the american bb was so that you could use bigger, and therefore more durable, bearings, no?
is the point of the smaller shell is so they can do bb grinds? :confused: