Quantcast

This is Awesome!

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
in france you have to buy water at restaraunts, and it comes in bottles. i figure its fresh and filtered and stuff... WRONG! it comes straight out of the tap.

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
When I was in Germany/Switzerland/France, I wanted simple water. So when we stopped at a rest stop, I was like sweet, I'll go get some fresh water. Man, I was wrong, I ended up getting Carbonated water and that shiet sucks. But whatever.

J

JRB

robdamanii said:
Speaking of littered bottles, I scored a free water bottle on Saturday.

I lose them easily enough that this is a welcome find.
Litterer.

*I cleaned the truck the other day, and took 11 out of the back, and washed them.

rooftest

Monkey
Jul 10, 2005
OC, CA
dirtjumpP.1 said:
in france you have to buy water at restaraunts, and it comes in bottles. i figure its fresh and filtered and stuff... WRONG! it comes straight out of the tap.
You gotta ask for "eau de natural" - then they'll give you a pitcher of tap water. Otherwise, they try to get you to buy Evian or some other expensive crap. The tap water's free, though - sounds like you got rolled by the French...

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
we're on well water that tastes a little like rusty nails. At first it bothered me, I just kept drinking it and now I don't notice any flavor except for first thing in the morning if I don't let the water run for a few seconds before filling my glass. My wife still insists on bottled water, she's not willing to put up with the taste long enough to become accustomed to it.

On the other hand I drank water from just about anywere (tap water, water from a garden hose, from a bucket, or barrel) while in mexico for almost two years. As far as I know I never got sick from the water, the food really got me a couple of times though.