Quantcast

This is bad!!! Potholes SUCK!!!!

splat

Nam I am
So As I was riding to work this morning I was on a bad part of road, and a particulary bad section i wanted to goout , but ther ewas too much traffic and I hit this Bad pot hole . Hopped my Front wheel over it , but the rear wheel did not fair so well

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
That really sucks. The comment about sending it to the city is right. Most cities/counties have a number for reporting road hazards like this.

splat

Nam I am
ioscope said:
Learn to bunnyhop. Maybe get the city to reimburse you?
believe me I know How to bunny hop! ( ever Bunny hopped a set of rail road Tracks at 45 Mph ? , that isa rush! )

This is Massachusetts, pot holes is a way of life. and This wasn't in the city , it is just this section of road actually get a lot of traffic. anbd this section of road really needs a redesign. watter settles in it , and every winter the Frost heaves rip to pieces and every spring the town Patches it up !

and it is only the 2nd road rim I have cracked in 25 years. ( last one was in 1988 )

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
@ the bike messenger world championships one year, i heard a story about a guy bunnyhopping 2' on a FIXED gear bike. that's seriously impressive.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
that really sucks!!!

most cities have a number to call to report such hazards... good luck trying to get them to pay for the damage though

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
narlus said:
@ the bike messenger world championships one year, i heard a story about a guy bunnyhopping 2' on a FIXED gear bike. that's seriously impressive.

my mind is blown with that comment. i can hop up loading docks with my dj bike, but havent ever succeeded in getting a fixed bike to hop. and man i've tried!

Metal

President of FRONJ
Oct 17, 2001
Orange County, CA
ioscope said:
Ever bunnyhopped up four stairs?
I hoped up a 3-stair at school on my road bike thing. The people on my cycling team thought I was going to kill myself, but I somehow pulled it off. The seat slammed all the way down gave me very little clearance with straight legs.