Quantcast

This is ****ed up! They know where we live!

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
Click here: Satellite image of Markam Park

The red mark is of the entrance to Markam Park in South FL. If you use the arrows and the vertical slider on the left of the image you can zoom WAY in!!

I put my address in the search bar and when I zoomed in I could see my house.

It is kind of cool because it makes it real easy to figure out how to get somewhere.

But it makes me wonder if stuff can be seen this easy with technology normal people can access, what about the really high tech secret **** the goverment uses? They can probably see me when I go to steal my neighbor's trash can. :eek:

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
go outside and see if you can see yourself. :D

I think the images are months old actually.......give them a few years and we'll have real time images that zoom in closer. :thumb:

if your a skater, you could use this to search for pools....;)

Barbaton

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2002
suburban hell
hehe. my house they're off by 4 lots down the street. I guess I'm safe for now. :)

Some of the pics are quite old. They're missing an addition to my HS that was built 2+ years ago...

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Salami said:
Click here: Satellite image of Markam Park

The red mark is of the entrance to Markam Park in South FL. If you use the arrows and the vertical slider on the left of the image you can zoom WAY in!!

I put my address in the search bar and when I zoomed in I could see my house.

It is kind of cool because it makes it real easy to figure out how to get somewhere.

:
damn dude, I zoomed way in........tell your mom to put some clothes on

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
Cool, I just checked out the dirt jumps i was at last night and you can see where the trails are but can't pick out the jumps.

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
I guess my house is too new. It shows me living in some woods where my house now resides.

I tried looking at the aerial view of some popular trails we ride, and it would only let me zoom in so far(about halfway on the scale). Guess they're not allowed to take aerial shots of the Camp David area, might see 'W' out sunbathing or something.

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
stosh said:
You guys need to learn how to PUNCH CHADS.... f'ing Broward County.

That was West Palm Beach! :mumble: :mumble:

Dont you have a winch or something to buy for your Xterra?

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
Most of the images on those sites are at least a few years old.

Also, they probably find your address by having files that have street locations, the numbers of houses from one intersection to the next and the side of the street the even or odd numbers are then they just divide the distance on the road using the address numbers and your relative position in them- it can be fairly inaccurate, depending on the street you live.