Quantcast

THIS IS FINE FRIDAY GMT

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
The side windows don't seal. The Corvette was designed to be garage kept and I don't have room. As long as I sop it up before I drive away, it's fine.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I have a cover for it, it's just a pain in the ass when I drive it daily. If it's parked more than a few days, I cover it. Otherwise, as long as it isn't deeper than 6", I'm good. :rofl:

<edit> I bet if I used a tarp I would get a letter from the HOA.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Hey... with it being the World Hand-egg Championship weekend, perhaps traffic will be subdued on Sunday evening.

Hope springs eternal. :disgust:
We traditionally ski superb owl Sunday. Last time the donkeys were it it we practically had the mountain to ourselves. Don't know if we will go this year. Opensnow makes tuesderp look like a winner this week.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I let out a big "ROFLWAFER" when the 5:00 AM alarm went off, then promptly slept for 90 more minutes.

I love me some Brussels sprouts, but after the last few times I ate them, I think I need to add them to my "do not eat" list. :panic:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Fun fact: Windows 10 allows you to share over the network without a password with firewall on, but Windows 7 required the Windows firewall off for network shares.
This is more enterprise level angst where you've generated huge request lists of required communication paths between sites and seemingly about 5% of them have been implemented.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
This is more enterprise level angst where you've generated huge request lists of required communication paths between sites and seemingly about 5% of them have been implemented.
I have 2 test boxes that I needed TFS to read/write to for testing. One worked, the other didn't until I turned off the local firewall. WTF Micro$oft.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I can't, there is a little red exclamation point next to it!!!!

And my manager has to join too...

It's with a previously titled engineering program manager who is the type of person to micro manage every single little thing. And if you miss a deadline by quarter of a second, holeo fack run for the hills.

:( automotive industry can be balls sometimes.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Can confirm.

Also - fuck "firewall-like" network bullshit.

"Oh, that's not a firewall issue, so you'll have to talk to someone else." :rant:
Come on now, we all know that's its ALWAYS the firewalls fault!
Fun fact: Windows 10 allows you to share over the network without a password with firewall on, but Windows 7 required the Windows firewall off for network shares.
Are you sure? It shouldn't work like that, it might just be auto creating a rule to allow it.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

It's with a previously titled engineering program manager who is the type of person to micro manage every single little thing. And if you miss a deadline by quarter of a second, holeo fack run for the hills.

"propose new time"

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

1580500542560.png

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Networks are fun as everyone is an "expert" but few people have a clue da fuq is actually happening there these days.

FTS lunch ride was short and sweet and great success. Followed by hot indian leftovers and now G&T. Gangsta life is fun, I should be between jobs moar often.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Networks are fun as everyone is an "expert" but few people have a clue da fuq is actually happening there these days.

FTS lunch ride was short and sweet and great success. Followed by hot indian leftovers and now G&T. Gangsta life is fun, I should be between jobs moar often.
I'll say it again... unemployment should be the norm. UBI FTMFW.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp

Pretty much....

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
supposed to go to some new bs management is trying to help staff "bond" - happy hour with the director at 4. i dunno about this, but i guess i'll go imbibe on the company dime . . . :think:

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons

Did you stone cold quit, or give the ceremonial 2 weeks?

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Swing and miss, wow. I have not said "I'm not sure" or "I don't know" so much in an interview before. I didn't read up on dumb shit and had a tough time expressing myself. I doubt this goes further. One of the interviewers had interviewed me before at another place and I don't think he liked me then and I got hired. So I felt like he was making a point, point made.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Not Prednisone I hope. Life was a waking nightmare when I was on that shit.
Nah, maxalt-mlt. it seemed to spread my headache out over two days instead of 4 hours and made me dizzy and nauseous the whole time. Science! Colleague recommends furinol, which is apparently advil plus a barbituate. Fuck, I'll get high if that helps pass the time while my head is spinning.

You got prednisone for migraines? That shits pretty crazy- my kid got it when he had breathing issues. Try to picture a toddler who can't leave his hospital bed in full-on HULK SMASH mode.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Nah, maxalt-mlt. it seemed to spread my headache out over two days instead of 4 hours and made me dizzy and nauseous the whole time. Science! Colleague recommends furinol, which is apparently advil plus a barbituate. Fuck, I'll get high if that helps pass the time while my head is spinning.

You got prednisone for migraines? That shits pretty crazy- my kid got it when he had breathing issues. Try to picture a toddler who can't leave his hospital bed in full-on HULK SMASH mode.

No, I had Prednisone to control inflammation when I had a steel pin through my thumb. A friend was prescribed Prednisone for his chronic migraines.

Prednisone kept my mother alive for a few months, she preferred death over her Prednisone supported life. A decision I well understood once I was on it. Thankfully things moved quickly for her when off of it. I think I would take a more active role if in that position.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Have you tried closing the windows?

I'd out a few drops of iodine in that puddle to prevent mold/mildew. Bleach would work too but might cause corrosion issues.
The side seals aren't made anymore and the aftermarket ones are total garbage. It leaks from both the top and front edge of the window, it's a piss poor design, really.

But with the C8 coming out, there are some good C5Z06's out there. The fixed roof doesn't leak like the targa and I am close to 200k on my current whip. Since we now have 3 dogs, a Vette road trip is kinda out now, so the need for the liftback is also reduced.