Quantcast

This is how we party on a rainy night...

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
In the streets, all nights long. Here in Alicante, Spain, the parties start around midnight and end when the sun is shining. Saturday night was Carnival, and everyone dressed up. When we went down to the main street of downtown, around 11:30, it was already packed. At the most crowded moment of the night, around 3am, there were at least 40,000 people in the park just getting hammered. Botellón is Spanish for pre-party, and during Carnival everyone does Botellón until about 4 in the streets. There were so many people that it was impossible to get into any bars, so we just rocked out on the streets until 7, when the bus came by.

I figured there's enough "I had a great time but don't have any pics" threads so here's one with some pics. I was a hammer, (martillo) and in search of nails (clavos). It was a fun night, with a lot of beautiful women in attendance.

Here's a photo documentary of the first part of the night. The rest is better un-documented.

Oh man, around lunch time I was so hung over...

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
Wow... the anti-stoney has arrived. Nice pictures!

I loved Alicante - Wife and I spent a week there about 4 years ago. Actually she was only Fiancé at the time and we bought her wedding dress there.

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
Brian HCM#1 said:
You're not that cool, the girls all are dressed.:nope:
Working on it, give me a few weeks. I don't have photo shop, so I can't really "modify" any pics that I might already have to make them RM friendly. Forgot a few pics, might as well post them. Heck, it's either post pics of do homework right now.

I'm not kidding, 50,000 people might be an under-estimate. The whole barrio/puerto/mercado central/downtown area was this packed. Huge.