Quantcast

This is how Xerox celebrates National Bike to Work Week

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
The asshat facilities manager just sent an email to the whole building saying "someone was seen bringing a bicycle into the building. Bicycles are not allowed in the building, use the racks outside the north entrance."

He can kiss my ass. I'm not leaving my bike outside. It would take someone with a bolt cutter less than 5 seconds to steal it. I told him I want to see where in Xerox's policy it says I can't bring my bike inside. Haven't heard a peep from him since.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Echo said:
The asshat facilities manager just sent an email to the whole building saying "someone was seen bringing a bicycle into the building. Bicycles are not allowed in the building, use the racks outside the north entrance."

He can kiss my ass. I'm not leaving my bike outside. It would take someone with a bolt cutter less than 5 seconds to steal it. I told him I want to see where in Xerox's policy it says I can't bring my bike inside. Haven't heard a peep from him since.
Looks like they'll be re-writing the policy for you!!! :)

riderx

Monkey
Aug 14, 2001
Fredrock
Echo said:
Lots of facilities managers like to try to flex their muscles. They like to think it is "their" building.

If he hassles you, make sure you note every single minor violation that he is screwing up on.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
riderx said:
Lots of facilities managers like to try to flex their muscles. They like to think it is "their" building.

If he hassles you, make sure you note every single minor violation that he is screwing up on.
there's a great way to MAKE FRIENDS AND INFLUENCE PEOPLE.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
Echo said:

I love that kind of bull sh!t. Were you the only one that biked in? If so that funny how he sent a message to the whole company instead of just you. That kind of crap happens all the time over here. Last week (for instance) the pres sent out a Memo to the entire office reminding everyone to turn their lights out when they leave. All because I left my lights on last Monday. Why not just come to me and say, hey can you try to remember to turn off your lights when you leave, to which I would have responded, "oops, sorry" :rolleyes:

riderx

Monkey
Aug 14, 2001
Fredrock
stosh said:
there's a great way to MAKE FRIENDS AND INFLUENCE PEOPLE.
C-

Notice I said "If he hassles you". I'm willing to bet there is nothing in the written policy about bicycles being in the building.

What would you suggest, that Echo buys him a gold plated key ring as a peace offering? Maybe he can have "Schneider" engraved on it.

Barbaton

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2002
suburban hell
Heh. I mismanaged my biking to work and now somehow I have two of them here, one behind my desk (roadie from lunch ride yesterday) and one in front of it (XC for after work MTB today). I get dirty looks from the facilities folks but I'm always careful to try and carry it over the carpeted parts.

I actually carried my bike to the showers once this winter to get the muddy salt off before bringing it to my office. I'm sure as hell not leaving them outside either given that this campus has one of the highest bike theft rates of any in the country...

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
This asshat knows who I am, in fact just about everyone around here knows I ride my bike to work and bring it inside with me. He's just being a prick. However I don't think he realizes how many serious cyclists there are in this company, and how many of them are above him in the "food chain".

Fortunately, he emailed me and said it's an "unwritten policy", which basically means he pulled it out of his ass. I just forwarded that email to a large group of Xerox cyclists :devil:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
riderx said:
C-

Notice I said "If he hassles you". I'm willing to bet there is nothing in the written policy about bicycles being in the building.

What would you suggest, that Echo buys him a gold plated key ring as a peace offering? Maybe he can have "Schneider" engraved on it.
actually it would be cool to make him purchase these

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Echo said:
This asshat knows who I am, in fact just about everyone around here knows I ride my bike to work and bring it inside with me. He's just being a prick. However I don't think he realizes how many serious cyclists there are in this company, and how many of them are above him in the "food chain".

Fortunately, he emailed me and said it's an "unwritten policy", which basically means he pulled it out of his ass. I just forwarded that email to a large group of Xerox cyclists :devil:
Brilliant!!

Morryjg

Mr. Ho Jangles
May 9, 2003
Littleton
Our building has a no bikes policy that is actually written. :think: Fortunately, they put decent bike racks outside and it is a fairly safe area. That and I hate trying to negotiate the small elevators with a bike and we are on the 7th floor. I can see the bike rack from my cube farm though, so I make lots of trips to the window to check on it.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
Echo said:

I could just see his response...(picture facilities manager, Goober, scratching his ass talking to Echo) whats a BIcycle like that one thur cost y'all? bout 5 hunnerd bucks? :D

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Bellingham, Washington ~ U.S.A.
dh girlie said:
I could just see his response...(picture facilities manager, Goober, scratching his ass talking to Echo) whats a BIcycle like that one thur cost y'all? bout 5 hunnerd bucks? :D
I love when people ask me that. I'm usually like... "I've put over 2000 into it, and that is mostly used parts..."
Then they're like, "no way!"
And I'm like, "Yeah!"
And..... :p

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
Cube? What is this cube stuuf you speak of? My "office" floor is already covered with dirt, metal chips, all kinds of junk. My bike comes in and leans against the wall, dirty or not. I could lock it up outside, but someone would either run into it with a vehicle, or it would get covered in seagull sh!t.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
dwaugh said:
I love when people ask me that. I'm usually like... "I've put over 2000 into it, and that is mostly used parts..."
Then they're like, "no way!"
And I'm like, "Yeah!"
And..... :p

I rode my supalight over to my grandmas one day to bring her a basket of goodies and I wanted to bring my bike into her place and my mom was like just leave it on the patio...I was like UMMM NO...it's an expensive bike...and she was like HOW expensive...I was like about 500 bucks...and she was like WHAT! HAHAHAHA! If she only knew the worth of the contents of my indoor bike vault! ha!

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
The owners of my building (standard life) are major notsees about bikes in the building. Even if a delivery dude takes a little trolley into the lobby, the security guy will chase him down and give him a stern talking to. Yeah...my rubber tires might damage the marble! :mumble: They have a seperate room for bikes that's on the second floor of the underground parkade, but it costs 25 :eek: bucks a month for a spot. I just ride my ghettorigged commuter and lock it up outside across the street. (bikes actually aren't allowed on building property unless they're in 'the room') Theres always half a dozen bikes on the racks and theres always peeps around (smoking area for that building) so I really dont worry about it.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
I just talked to my manager about it, he basically said I can just keep bringing it in, and ignore the facilities manager. Sweet.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
dh girlie said:
I rode my supalight over to my grandmas one day to bring her a basket of goodies and I wanted to bring my bike into her place and my mom was like just leave it on the patio...I was like UMMM NO...it's an expensive bike...and she was like HOW expensive...I was like about 500 bucks...and she was like WHAT! HAHAHAHA! If she only knew the worth of the contents of my indoor bike vault! ha!
500, your hubs alone are worth more than that?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
dh girlie said:
Our facilities guys are awesome...they've come in and cleaned up dead rats, dead rat blood and sucked up the flies resulting from the dead rats and dead rat blood with a vaccuum!
You really should clean up after your own meals.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
dh girlie said:
Our facilities guys are awesome...they've come in and cleaned up dead rats, dead rat blood and sucked up the flies resulting from the dead rats and dead rat blood with a vaccuum!
Our facilities manager is a useless tool, half the faucets don't work in the bathrooms and he sits on his ass all day worrying about me walking my bike down the hallway.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Morryjg said:
Our building has a no bikes policy that is actually written. :think: Fortunately, they put decent bike racks outside and it is a fairly safe area. That and I hate trying to negotiate the small elevators with a bike and we are on the 7th floor. I can see the bike rack from my cube farm though, so I make lots of trips to the window to check on it.
Why? Your bike is a hunk of junk. :blah:

Hold on....... it isn't even your bike. :D

-S.S.-

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
mobius said:
That commercial where he is like mr. dumbass i want to work for dumbass and dumbass.
the guy replies: "it's du mas"
yep thats it!! That was a classic!!!

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
dh girlie said:
I can't seem to get the monkey on a bike sized right...I don't get it...I just saved my old avatar and now it says its too big and all attempts to resize it f it up and it doesn't look nice... :( Now that it's bike time, I'd like a monkey on a bike...
Post it up. Somebody should be able to fix it.