Quantcast

This is how Xerox celebrates National Bike to Work Week

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
At any one time during the summer we have at least 8 bikes in the building, and at least as many dogs in all the cubicles and offices.

Shorts, jeans and t-shirts are the normal attire.

:D

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
mobius said:
Where the hell do you work h8r?
Sorry, last time I said where I worked my PM box was flooded.

I'll just say I have a crazy frustrating desk job at a very cool company.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
H8R said:
Sorry, last time I said where I worked my PM box was flooded.

I'll just say I have a crazy frustrating desk job at a very cool company.
Got any room for an underpaid, grumpy, bike ridin' desktop tech? ;)

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
SkaredShtles said:
Hmmmm.......... kinda sounds like Sun Micro. Although they may have cracked down on the attire & animals in the office since their stock market "impression of an anchor" move. :D

-S.S.-
I worked for a start up and people would bring their dogs in...it was a fun place...a meeting in the 'large conference room' meant a meeting in the pub in the building...we had beer relays at improptu company picnics in the courtyard after we'd bust our asses and then deploy the new features on the site successfully...heck the owner would bring in beer at night if you were working late...but the dogs...that was cool except when this one particular one that really liked me that would hang out at my desk...he would fart in my cube and it was RANK as all hell...a big black lab/great dane mix...he smelled but he was cool.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
We have "beer-thirty" every Friday at around 4:30 pm. One guy takes a collection fomr the whole office and makes a run.

Foosball, ping pong and Guinness once a week.

:)

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
H8R said:
We have "beer-thirty" every Friday at around 4:30 pm. One guy takes a collection fomr the whole office and makes a run.

Foosball, ping pong and Guinness once a week.

:)
my wifes company has a keg every friday. and pinball and food stuff.

and they pay you if you ride your bike to work. my wife doesn't ride though....:(

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
dh girlie said:
I worked for a start up and people would bring their dogs in...it was a fun place...a meeting in the 'large conference room' meant a meeting in the pub in the building...we had beer relays at improptu company picnics in the courtyard after we'd bust our asses and then deploy the new features on the site successfully...heck the owner would bring in beer at night if you were working late...but the dogs...that was cool except when this one particular one that really liked me that would hang out at my desk...he would fart in my cube and it was RANK as all hell...a big black lab/great dane mix...he smelled but he was cool.
Years ago, the company I work for was like that. Beer on friday afternoon, people bringing their dogs in, that sort of thing.

The beer thing didn't last long though. Damn lawyers. And dogs were banned after this one lady brought her dog in and it took a dump on the carpet right in front of my cube. Luckily I wasn't there to witness it (thank god), but from what I heard, it was pretty bad. Also from what I heard, the woman didn't seem to think it was that big of a deal. :eek:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
pixelninja said:
<snip>
And dogs were banned after this one lady brought her dog in and it took a dump on the carpet right in front of my cube. Luckily I wasn't there to witness it (thank god), but from what I heard, it was pretty bad. Also from what I heard, the woman didn't seem to think it was that big of a deal. :eek:
Reminds me of the drive back from Vegas after a conference last May. We stopped in Cedar City to let the kids play at McDonalds and some little 6yo inbred was inside the Playland "fence" taking a leak on the floor. WTF? :mumble:

-S.S.-