Quantcast

THIS is how you build

black noise

Turbo Monkey
Dec 31, 2004
Santa Cruz
Wow. That's gorgeous.

In BC they have old cedar stumps that they can break up for perfect slats. In SC the closest thing we can do is nail tiny 2" branches really close together. Personally I hate wooden stunts unless they are needed, like to cross a stream or through a bunch of big rocks. There's no reason to not use dirt imo.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Man, if we had stuff like that around here it might make me want to get back into doing stunts like that. Everything around here is sketchy.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
kidwoo said:
Man that looks so grippy.

Can't wait to get on that with some 60d tires and lock up the front wheel.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :D

That second pic makes me really hope there will be an alternate line going straight. Or some grip tape. Or both. But yeah that is nice work.

goin' medium

Chimp
Jul 31, 2003
Newark, CA
That trail kicks ass:drool: . I want to build sh:t like that! That trail is right below CBC, if you can make it down without breaking your foot we'll hit that up this year!

Oh, and split cedar is suprisingly grippy, not grip tape, but pretty darn good. They ride that stuff in the snow!

Scott

goin' medium said:
That trail kicks ass:drool: . I want to build sh:t like that! That trail is right below CBC, if you can make it down without breaking your foot we'll hit that up this year!

Oh, and split cedar is suprisingly grippy, not grip tape, but pretty darn good. They ride that stuff in the snow!

Scott
Haha, I'm SOOO there! Always seems to be one thing or another with me though huh? :blah: I'm actually going to PT this afternoon for the *other* ankle I tweaked a while back up at Stanford. Grr...

Yes, I would be stoked out of my mind to have something like that up here. Too bad it'd get torn down before it ever got finished. (That is, unless it was on private property. Anybody want to step up to the plate???)