Quantcast

This is just strange

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
This is one of the strangest stories I have seen in a long time, and it's just a few miles from my house...

LOS ANGELES - Detectives in Topanga said they are searching for a missing music producer who called a friend early Sunday to say he was being chased by people with dogs.

Christian Julian Irwin, 48, was last seen near the 500 block of Topanga Canyon Boulevard. Authorities said the case has signs of foul play.

Irwin, a producer with three Grammy nominations, was chased from his house and through a ravine, according to police. Authorities said he lost his glasses and shoes in a nearby creek.

Sheriff's K9s picked up the scent and searched up and down the creek for two miles, but found only his glasses.

"He really felt like he was running for his life," said John Riolo, Irwin's brother-in-law. "And, if he felt like he was running for his life, he probably was."

Capt. Ray Peavy of the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department said Irwin told the friend he was running through water and being chased.

Irwin has been nominated for three Grammy awards. He produced for Queen Latifah, De La Sol, Carly Simon, David Bowie and Vanessa Williams.

Family members gathered at his home Tuesday night. They said he was recently involved in a Nigerian Internet offering.

"He did receive a check in the mail last week for $50,000," said Sharon Riolo, Irwin's sister. "That frightened him. All of the sudden it became a little bit scary."

Authorities said Irwin returned the check.

Irwin was described as 6 feet 2 inches, 190 pounds, brown and gray hair, blue eyes and was last seen wearing a blue and red shirt, blue jeans and no shoes.

Anyone with information is asked to contact the Sheriff's Homicide Bureau, Missing Persons Detail at (323) 890-5500.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
stinkyboy said:
I'm getting chased by Nigerians with dogs, why don't I call my brother-in-law.

BS!
Yeah, I agree with that. I call BS.

Unless those nigerians are up to a new scam... :think:

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
"And, if he felt like he was running for his life, he probably was."
:rolleyes:

Real Genius in that family, not to mention falling for the Nigerian Scam thing.

I kinda thought they were like vanilla ice cream and everyone
You're just reaching for that segway into rum raisin ice cream just admit it. :nuts:

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
dh girlie said:
Yeah...but I wonder...did the nigerians bring their own dogs from Nigeria? And if so, did they have to go through quarantine being that they are criminals? Or did they just get american dogs?
Can you rent attack dogs? Cool!

They're are so many holes in that story, it's hilarious. He got chased from his house and through a ravine. Dogs/Nigerians are coming for me, head for the ravine and not into the house. Great idea. Call 911, or scroll through my address book for my brother-in-law. Great idea. Yea, every time those 50K checks from my international investments show up at the house, I get scared and return them. And are baggy shoes popular now too?

:confused:

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004

Hmmm Hi-tech journalism, looks like the photos shot on the police scene were from a camera phone.

stinky

and more appropriate