Quantcast

This is one of the coolest things I have seen in a while

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
I am doing a lighting design job at the Children's museum, and I looked around to see what they had around there. They have a room with a few projection screens set up, and on one of them, there is a projection of marbles. You stand in front of the projector, and move the marbles around with your shadow. They have one with butterflies, and when you stick your hand out, they land on the shadow of your hand. It is really really cool. Being a computer nerd and projection designer, I was really intrigued. If you want to check out some of the other stuff they have, check out www.mine-control.com

sunny

Grammar Civil Patrol
Jul 2, 2004
Sandy Eggo, CA
BigMike said:
Well, I'll keep bumping the thread until someone that IS as big of a nerd as me sees this :)
BigMike,

OK, you found a nerd! :D

When I was at the Hands-On Museum in Tampa, I sat trying to figure out a puzzle for 30 minutes, driving my husband away every few minutes with,"No! No! I almost got it!" They were closing, and finally the museum attendant said, "Ma'am, we sell those in the gift shop."
I bought it, got it the car, and figured it out in 5 minutes. Still have the puzzle.

I love those types of museums and exhibits!!

If you every get to Monterey, CA, be sure to go to the aquarium. You'll love the wall of lighted jelleyfish!

-sunny

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
BigMike said:
Well, I'll keep bumping the thread until someone that IS as big of a nerd as me sees this :)
lI think it's cool :) I wish they had more stuff like that when I was a tyke. The children's museum in B'ham used to have a big dinosaur you could climb around in; I always thought that was the coolest thing.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
i thought it was really bad ass. i saw it before you bumped the thread twice, i just chose not to comment.

its sometimes amusing to see you squirm.
you aren't a nerd because you think that exhibit is cool. you are a nerd because you refuse to let your threads die. you force people to reply. :p

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
laura said:
i thought it was really bad ass. i saw it before you bumped the thread twice, i just chose not to comment.

you aren't a nerd because you think that exhibit is cool. you are a nerd because you refuse to let your threads die. you force people to reply. :p
You are wise beyond your years.... :p

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
laura said:

Yep, thats me :) I love making people comply :D

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
sunny said:
If you every get to Monterey, CA, be sure to go to the aquarium. You'll love the wall of lighted jelleyfish!

-sunny
My favorite is the dome they have with the sardines swimming around in circles at mach 1. :thumb: