Quantcast

This is one special bike

demolist

Chimp
Dec 24, 2011
Hey guys, i'm taking part in this fb competition and i would like to ask your help to like this photo.
Its a Nicolai Nucleon E2 2012, Downhill Gboxx bike!
Special Ano Box in advance of the 2012 and one of the first few to leave the factory!

Pls help to click on this link and like the photo. I'd also appreciate if you could ask your friends to like as well cuz I need the votes!
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=242748219128658&set=a.242532212483592.57071.128918397178308&type=3&theater

Thank you so much!
Have a Blessed Christmas to all!

baca262

Monkey
Aug 16, 2011
when i saw the first pic i thought it was shaft driven (hell if it were i'd start saving up for it right now!!!) but then i saw a chain on the other pics. not bad, not bad at all. minimum drivetrain maintenance - i want one.

btw those rotors really don't make any sense to me, wtf?

demolist

Chimp
Dec 24, 2011
As for the rear brake, here's how its mounted.

And nope, this is not spam, just hope you guys can help me like the photo on fb. Its for a contest :)

al-irl

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
A, A
the brake is mounted on what would normally be the drive side thats all thats going on with it

Aug 4, 2008
the brake is mounted on what would normally be the drive side thats all thats going on with it
From the inside? Thats hardly the most straightforward way to do it.

Hell its so symptomatic of German engineering. Attention to detail is surreal, everything is built to the tightest tolerances possible and really a work of art. But for some reason things are not engineered with a whole in mind. And so parts of the final product look ass backwards. Think Nicolai, Rotwild, Votec, Bionicon all abominations in their own right.

And Cheese Eating Surrender Monkeys are guilty of it too (French and their stupid 14mm, 16mm and 18mm screws, **** that).

I got to say that I like the American engineering above all, usually **** makes sense and there are hardly any surplus parts.

Why the **** would one build a gear box that changes the drive side?

demolist

Chimp
Dec 24, 2011
Haha but it works and that's the most important at the end of the day.
Keep the likes coming, I totally appreciate them!!

toowacky

Monkey
Feb 20, 2010
Pac NW
*liked*

Sick bike.

From the inside? Thats hardly the most straightforward way to do it.
Well, the caliper mount needs to slide w/ the axle, so it's not going to be that straightforward.

Why the **** would one build a gear box that changes the drive side?
Looks like it uses standard crank--- either it uses an opposite side final drive or a custom crank.

But, I hear ya, it makes everything funky. Well, I guess you could use some 3-piece cranks (Profile, etc.) w/ a left chainring and right side final drive, if the gearbox was designed for that...

demolist

Chimp
Dec 24, 2011
If I'm not mistaken, the collaboration with Pinion is still in the early stages and only offered on the Helius AM model currently. Nicolai themselves are still refining on their own GBoxx system (I remember seeing somewhere about having it on shifters rather than gripshift).

demolist

Chimp
Dec 24, 2011
Last day into the contest. Pls help by liking the photo on facebook.
Thanks for all your great help!