Quantcast

this is taking way too long...

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
so far tonight i have spent the past 3 hours setting up a resume on usajobs.com so i can get a job this summer. i was not having a fun time trying to narrow down the search results trying to find just the jobs that i was interested in. i've at least gotten to the part where i start submitting applications. for those of you who are interested, i'm applying for a couple job openings for wildland firefighters(the base positions require just a high school diploma) in a couple states out west and one opening for a trail crew member at grand teton national park.

i'm also applying for a couple trail crew positions in adirondack park and with the amc.

i just hope with all of this effort i'm putting in that i get at least one of the jobs i'm applying for.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Nope, it won't be worth it.

I have found the least amount of effort while applying has resulted in the most satisfying job. That's my experience anyway.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
Nope, it won't be worth it.

I have found the least amount of effort while applying has resulted in the most satisfying job. That's my experience anyway.
i just feel like ranting because everything is so repetitive and my ass has gone numb like 4 times already because i've been sitting for so long. if i get one of these jobs i know it is going to be worth it.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
woo! i finally finished all of the apps for jobs with the nps!

i think on wednesday i'll try to tackle the applications for adirondack park and the amc.