Quantcast

This is what DHer's ride in the wintertime...

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Pau11y said:
BAAAAAHHHH! That's SICK! I'm really surprised the ski area let you take that up. If I tried something like that at my ski area (Steamboat), they'd have kittens!
We did that at Sol Vista a few years ago. Although they were "old skool" ski bikes where the seat was basically mounted on a leaf spring to provide "suspension".......

One of our buddies broke the spring riding through a drainage ditch.

I felt like I was 6 years old again. We had a hoot.

That being said, I haven't done it since. Skiing is more entertaining. :think:

-S.S.-

Barbaton

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2002
suburban hell
Pau11y said:
BAAAAAHHHH! That's SICK! I'm really surprised the ski area let you take that up. If I tried something like that at my ski area (Steamboat), they'd have kittens!
Well, credit where credit is due: that's not anyone I know. Those pics are on the site of the company that makes the conversion kit, winterxbike.

I haven't found any ski areas in NE or NM that seem like they'd open to it, either. maybe there's info on their site...

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
one of the local ski places here has something like those for rent.

this year, however, we have NO SNOW in the mountains. none.

Feb 14, 2004
SoCal
I was really intrested in this last year, but ditched the idea cause there aren't any socal resorts that would allow it... Looks hard as hell though.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Yes, they are real. The local ski area rents them and most of the bike shops can order the kit to change your current bike. I plan on building one this summer for next year. my buddy has an old GT Idrive he is ging to sell me.

Bldr_DH

Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
NO BO CO
No, no, no, you got it all wrong -- it's all about the Crighton snowmoto... yes, a hardtail, but that won't be like that forever.

www.Crighton.com

Been riding since last year -- kicks all kinds of @$$