Quantcast

This is what happens when you mess up...

organizedrage

Monkey
Aug 29, 2007
Dublin, CA
So i was at a bmx jam in the begining of april and it was a ton of fun! Afterwards though I went to a street spot with some people and started to try something that i have just started to get down but not solid yet. That was a bunny hop to manual a ledge. i almost had it the first few times and told my self that i had for sure this next time but i didnt.... the set up was a 1ft ledge that that went to about a 4ft drop off. so it was a flat ledge on top but was built on a hill and maybe 20ft long. i manualed the whole thing but right at the end i lost my balance and the front end of my bike dropped to nothing. i managed to throw the bike but i was going head first towards the ground and to prevent from breaking my nose i put my hands out and got my left palm down but didnt have enough time for the right hand so i landed on the backside of the hand and broke it. not a good day. the funny thing is that i thought i just sprained it so i didnt goto the doctor for 5 days and i found out it was broken so i went to another doctor and found that it was serious enough to need surgery. and guess what! i have no medical insurance!!!!!! so i have had two surgerys now and hopefully i should be back to ridings in as soon as 3 weeks. but as of now im about $5000 in debt so im going to sell my car and keep my bike! :happydance:

Some x-rays for your viewing pleasure:

First X-ray when i found out it was broken

Second x-ray after first surgery

organizedrage

Monkey
Aug 29, 2007
Dublin, CA
Yow.

The #1 way to have an expensive injury on a bike is to not have insurance.
the worst part is that i should have insurance but im still living with my dad and its my senior year of high school, so i should have been on the plan, but when he switched jobs he was lazy and just put himself on the new plan.

badphish

Monkey
Feb 28, 2008
the worst part is that i should have insurance but im still living with my dad and its my senior year of high school, so i should have been on the plan, but when he switched jobs he was lazy and just put himself on the new plan.
Don't forget to thank him for that.

S4Sean

Chimp
Apr 30, 2008
Wow. I fell doing a manual on a stone wall, first day out really riding this year. I hit my back hard enough to keep me from walking the next day.
I have learned my lesson about half-assed-manuals.

organizedrage

Monkey
Aug 29, 2007
Dublin, CA
Wow. I fell doing a manual on a stone wall, first day out really riding this year. I hit my back hard enough to keep me from walking the next day.
I have learned my lesson about half-assed-manuals.
yeah i heard that. im now not going to manual anything that big til i have them dialed.

organizedrage

Monkey
Aug 29, 2007
Dublin, CA
I would suck at doctoring... I see nothing wrong in that first x-ray.

Heal up quick, man.
look at the pinky area towards the wrist on both. you will see that the gap between the two is noticeably different. oh and thanks! i have my first downhill race a week after its supposed to be healed! hahaha :happydance: