Quantcast

This is what I get for riding XC.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
If he was on a 29er he would have widened the trail and installed a safety rail before riding, therefor no injury.
keep the picking on pesqueeb to the birthday thread...

Blown240

Monkey
Nov 19, 2013
Oh Man. Thats sucks. I broke 2 ribs when I hit a tree with my bars on San Juan trail. Where were you riding?

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
We were riding from the bottom. Had climbed about a 1/2 mile. Hiking down sucked.
Heal up!

happy friday.
Got comped tickets to Courtney Love tonight at the pool at the Hard Rock. May go....may not.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Heal up!

happy friday.
Got comped tickets to Courtney Love tonight at the pool at the Hard Rock. May go....may not.
derpy derp derp....thought this was the GMT. I may go home early today.

Blown240

Monkey
Nov 19, 2013
San Juan trail can be tough. I broke my ribs 5 miles from the top. The remaining 7 miles were torture.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Managed to break two ribs climbing. Fell on a tight switchback and took a handlebar straight to the ribs.

Some of my worst injuries have been from going uphill. Dislocated shoulder and broken knee cap.
This is why I wear my 661 knee pads when I ride the Thuper Awethum trail. It has a few up hill rock gardens. And yes I have knee punched those rocks. At some point I want to replace my Kyle Straits with the hard shell version because you can still feel the impact.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
...oh, back on track....I hope you got some good meds. :thumb:
Everytime I have broken something or hurt myself real good, I wait a few days before going to the doctor. They generally assume that if it takes you a couple days to wander into their office with a broken bone you don't need any good painkillers. I never got any of the "good stuff" until I strained my neck while sleeping. I was stressed enough in grad school that I would thrash about in my sleep. Anyway, I finally got some percocet or something like it, and I fucking hated the shit. Felt like I had the spins. Flushed it and stuck to beer.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
This is why I wear my 661 knee pads when I ride the Thuper Awethum trail. It has a few up hill rock gardens. And yes I have knee punched those rocks. At some point I want to replace my Kyle Straits with the hard shell version because you can still feel the impact.
I did the whole pads thing during the brief window we had lift assisted DH locally, I really needed it too. I can't do any kind of pad when I have to pedal, which is all the time anymore.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
I did the whole pads thing during the brief window we had lift assisted DH locally, I really needed it too. I can't do any kind of pad when I have to pedal, which is all the time anymore.

You can pedal all day in them, unlike a full length piece of leg armor. Also, during cold weather they can keep your cranky old man knees warm.