Quantcast

This is what's right with The Industry®

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
I ordered a QVIST rear hub.
Being the idiot that I am I asked if they'd do a custom front hub with the LH flange moved outwards by 5mm, expected a "Hard No".
I got an email back within a few minutes saying that in their modelling most calipers would hit the spokes, they then asked what rotor size I'd run, fuck yeah, it's on!
They said give them a day or two to look in to it as more people than just me may be interested.
With the 2mm offset on the WAO rim it would give me 3mm dish with decent spoke angle.

sethimus

neu bizutch
Feb 5, 2006
not in Whistler anymore :/
I ordered a QVIST rear hub.
Being the idiot that I am I asked if they'd do a custom front hub with the LH flange moved outwards by 5mm, expected a "Hard No".
I got an email back within a few minutes saying that in their modelling most calipers would hit the spokes, they then asked what rotor size I'd run, fuck yeah, it's on!
They said give them a day or two to look in to it as more people than just me may be interested.
With the 2mm offset on the WAO rim it would give me 3mm dish with decent spoke angle.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
No built in bottom-out protection whatsoever
Not an ideal solution, but could probably throw one of the rockshox elastomers from their old boxxer teams in there.

But yeah, this seems liked a solved problem with an incredibly easy solution of throwing a bottom out bumper in there, and this solution of "lets just ignore it and give the masses a coil option and sucks for them that we don't give a shit about it" seems like something that's wrong with the industry, not right.

Pinkbike's press release echos that - they spend the whole time talking about how air is basically as good as coil and you shouldn't really need coil.

Not sure I'm filing this one under "this is whats right with the industry"