Quantcast

This is what's right with The Industry®

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
Why do so many brands want to take the simplicity of a hardtail and tart it up with sliding or otherwise adjustable dropouts? That shit never stays tight in real world applications without a ton of fiddling and maintenance.

You chose to ride a primitive hardtail… there’s no performance gain from swapping back and forth from singlespeed or wheel size or rotor size or CS length or whatever. This is all internet mountainbiker BS for slow dudes averaging 3 rides per month.
it doesn’t have sliding drop outs - the “adjustability” is to switch between post and IS mount brakes. This is why they made a 300 page document all about it…

sethimus

neu bizutch
Feb 5, 2006
not in Whistler anymore :/
may i interest you in a pipedream sirius s5?

i wanted to build it up when i still lived in berlin but life happened and since then its on
the project backlist but i probably won’t build it up in the near horizon and have no real use for it anymore. brand new, in size longer, silver fox color

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Did Germany burn the millions of normal bicycles already in existence throughout their land before the marketing study was published?

Last edited:

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia

toodles

Aug 24, 2004
Australia
but they ARE different segments?
They should divide the eMTBs into XC, Enduro, Trail and all-mountain if they're doing that then.

Either way, seems like sales numbers are ok, wonder how 2024 numbers will compare and if the downturn affects things.

toodles

Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Yeah I dunno about Germany but cost of living pressures in Oz are pushing a lot of people to get eebs or bikes to commute to avoid expensive parking, fuel and whatnot involved in getting into the cities.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
switzerland is still different but i need to sell about 3 amish bikes to make the same revenue than with one ebike. guess what i‘m peddling? sold about 20% more in 23 than my predeccesor did in 22. hello pay rise :banana:
interesting...dealers i know here were among the earliest to adopt/advocate...fine with me for commuting, etc., but i'm still firmly in the "fuck e-mtbs" camp.

jezso

Chimp
Dec 31, 2010
Dubai, UAE
In the future not too far away:
IMG_1932.jpeg

considerin Germany is mostly flat, I’m quite surprised in these e-bike sales figures. For sure the Jobrad initiative has a lot to do with it. Here in Austria you get 600 euro discount if you buy an e-bike an none if you buy a regular one. Our family owns one too, for many reasons, but personally still find my normal bikes more fun to ride.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Yeah I dunno about Germany but cost of living pressures in Oz are pushing a lot of people to get eebs or bikes to commute to avoid expensive parking, fuel and whatnot involved in getting into the cities.
My impression from Spain is that people love arriving wherever they’re going in the city quickly. Ebike is the fastest. They also like arriving not soaking wet from sweat. Ebike lets them do that and feel superhuman at the same time. I get it. The catch is being able to afford it and having somewhere secure to park it and charge it.