Quantcast

This is what's right with The Industry®

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
I'm in USA and didn't receive any response or confirm of request the first time from Bikeyoke, so I just resubmitted my info.

Same for me. I signed up two days ago and received an email from BikeYoke today, with a service tag number and telling me to contact Suspensionwerx in North Vancouver to book the service. Yay, just a drive across town for me for drop off an pick up when the time comes. Parts expected to arrive mid July.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes

Thank you, the internet was fighting me.

I'm certainly no foes stan, but that looks pretty good to me.

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
Good for Foes, but also pretty embarrassing that a larger brand wouldn't give Hill a seat. Maybe if he broke his neck a few times doing freeride stunts to wow non-riders at their office jobs he'd get a better sponsor.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I'm in USA and didn't receive any response or confirm of request the first time from Bikeyoke, so I just resubmitted my info.
LMK if you get a response, I never got anything back for my original submittal either. Wondering if I should re-submit, but it's "open" until the end of June.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
LMK if you get a response, I never got anything back for my original submittal either. Wondering if I should re-submit, but it's "open" until the end of June.
I just got my reply overnight with an approval and a service tag number to put on when I take the post in for upgrade.

I don't think BikeYoke is a massive company so there's a chance he's creating all these RAs manually

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I just got my reply overnight with an approval and a service tag number to put on when I take the post in for upgrade.

I don't think BikeYoke is a massive company so there's a chance he's creating all these RAs manually
When did you submit? Mine was May 1st in Murica.

toodles

Aug 24, 2004
Australia
This could go in whats wrong or whats right depending how you read it but point 3 in this article

covers that Monster Energy currently offering more money for podiums than the UCI is paying the juniors. Regardless of people's opinions on sugary energy drinks etc both Red Bull and Monster have done and are doing more to keep the sport alive than the actual bike industry/UCI are.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
200 euros is such a waste, why even bother offering prize money? Does that even cover the lift tickets needed for the week?

toodles

Aug 24, 2004
Australia
200 euros is such a waste, why even bother offering prize money? Does that even cover the lift tickets needed for the week?
I'm pretty sure the prize money is decided by some old bastard who rants about "back in my day, a tuppence would buy a bag of sweeties and a bar of chocolate. What more could the children want after a bicycle race?"

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
Speaking of money. There's a video from a looong time ago. And Peat is like 300 Euros for being the second best rider in the world. That is wank. Something like that.

toodles

Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Sleeper Co. Those buggers could stitch all their race recap highlight things together and punch out a vid that would rival Earthed.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
This is my favorite helmet ever, it's a Kask Caipri, it has no MIPS or anything similar, it's light, it protects my bald head from the sun, the side straps are adjustable, the clasp is to the side rather than under your chin, it doesn't have many sharp edges so it is more likely to slide when I do go helmet to dirt than a boi racer style with an aero wing and sharp angles.
Oh, and it's made in the place it was designed.
1718443353304.png

I went from an O'Neal MIPS helmet to a Bontrager Wave cell to this, the Bontrager is ludicrously heavy, the MIPS system in the O-Neal cut my head when a tree jumped out of nowhere. I really think the Wave Cell plastic would fuck up my shiny head in a crash, it looks like a really stupid system when you aren't looking at it on the internet.

Feb 21, 2020
SoCo Western Slope
Alloy Epic is back! The last version was a great trail bike, bonus for two water bottles.
$2k for frame/shock. Reduced to $500 next year. :D

cover.jpg

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
Alloy Epic is back! The last version was a great trail bike, bonus for two water bottles.

View attachment 213495

I'm not exactly a SpecialEd guy, but cool. I haven't had that little of travel in a while tho. I am a fan of alloy. And the less cost for sure.

So are you saying that frame will be $500 next year? The wife needs a frame. I've got everything else.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
The Uberbike brake pads did me proud today, rotor went black but the brakes didn't change in feel at all, and I dragged the shit outta them.
IMG_20240623_194144.jpg

Should finally be rid of the Shimano rotor this week, yay!

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Sintered? or Race matrix?

I found uberbike's semi metallic to be the worst pads I've ever used. Glazing super easily. And losing all bite.

TBF I ordered them in error thinking they'd be sintered

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Sintered? or Race matrix?

I found uberbike's semi metallic to be the worst pads I've ever used. Glazing super easily. And losing all bite.

TBF I ordered them in error thinking they'd be sintered
I got the CT5 Kevlar pads, I assumed they would have just been something from Ali but with white people mark up on them.
Most of my riding is XC so I didn't really want sintered, forgot to swap my pads out before doing shuttles but the Ubers seemed easily up to the task.
My bike and I weigh 140kg total and I know how to roast brakes with my lack of skill.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Those are some high made up percentages
Yeah it's pretty weird, seems a bit Absolute Black like.
I loved Magura's dev videos with the mad scientist from a bunch of years back.
They showed a rotor glowing in the test rig because that's supposedly how hard they were testing them.
In the first vid they asked riders what they wanted and Magura didn't really deliver any of the riders' wants but light weight.
I bought the MT6 brakes and they were almost good for one decent stop and then they were fucked for a couple of minutes.

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
Suspension tuning companies... that's what's right.

Got a day on my '24 Float X2 with Fluid Focus compression valving and softer bump stop. Pretty good!! Still need to mess around with settings slightly but I haven't really deviated much from what was pre-set for me.

Good quality shit like the new DT Swiss 180 rear hub I just bought is dirt-cheap because it's not boost.

Not that there's an endless supply, but there's probably enough good stuff in circulation long enough that you can play it out until you wear your bike out completely or snap it in half, while the suckers buy up all the new stuff and standards.
I usually stay with a bike until the frame breaks.

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
I hate ano and purple, so actually that is what's wrong with the industry.

In all seriousness, that is really light... and I just bought a Pro5. :banghead:

Taiwanese hubs don't have the best reputation, and One Up seems to need to go through a few iterations of their products before they are solid... but these hubs are intriguing. I wonder if they are manufactured by novatec or another known factory..

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
Just bought one of those carbon stumpy closeouts for $1500, but this does look cool.

View attachment 213495