Quantcast

This is what's right with The Industry®

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Right or wrong dont know, neurotic possibly. Rainy day spends cutting a ramp on the Hillbillies that arrived today.
Taking a fresh edge off goes against everything thats right in a fresh MX tyre. Felt wrong, will go right, makes me look stupid yes.

You'll shave milliseconds off of, uh, something.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Right or wrong dont know, neurotic possibly. Rainy day spends cutting a ramp on the Hillbillies that arrived today.
Taking a fresh edge off goes against everything thats right in a fresh MX tyre. Felt wrong, will go right, makes me look stupid yes.
Hmmm, I'd never really thought about doing that, there is a tire groover at work that cuts about the width of a MTB tire lug.
Maybe I could make a Bling Bling outta the Minion I have in the shed.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Do it!
Bling Bling maxxpro single ply is my favourite rear tyre ever.
Especially on a hardtail.
(gotta make do with the minion SS nowadays)

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
broke my chainguide on my 2018 Pivot Shuttle.

called up Pivot. guy looked up part in schematic, mused whether they'd have it in stock still. and they did.

something like $32 with tax and shipping to get to me.

:approved:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
broke my chainguide on my 2018 Pivot Shuttle.

called up Pivot. guy looked up part in schematic, mused whether they'd have it in stock still. and they did.

something like $32 with tax and shipping to get to me.

:approved:
i had service like that from Banshee before for a broken axle. Emailed customer service. guy responded "i have one sitting on my desk, i'll drop it at the mail room by end of day".