This is what's right with The Industry®

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
I like Tour de France too
View attachment 215309

Greetings from Åre bikepark, Sweden :triniti:

By the way, some crazy watts Poggi is pulling. Here is an attempt to explain how he could beat Pantani who at the time was riding high as a kite...:pleasantry:
Dude. Creme Fraiche?! Where'd you get that sticker? You know that's a South Park reference. As in "I want to pepper the shit out of that" :D

If I remember the episode correctly. Classic.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Indeed! The sport has become much more professional since Pantani's days. Still, Poggi is so superior to the others: beating climbers at their own game, attacking several days in a raw and showing no sign of fatigue. It makes me wonder... Hopefully it is just me being kind of jealous of his good shape: after a week at the bikepark my body is shattered and I need painkillers to sleep :monkeydance:
Yeah its like another sport or something hey. I assume he's either got some genetic advantage, he's got some weird training tangent that works, or he's on juice. Given the testing regime and scrutiny he's under, if he can get away with it I'm almost impressed.

from 2020, the prophecy already being foretold:

San Millan, a Spanish physiologist based at the University of Colorado School of Medicine, and who has worked with Team Garmin, says Pogačar’s huge capacity for recovery is in the blood. Having developed a test to assess capacity for recovery and resilience to fatigue by analyzing an individual’s mitochondrial function, use of carbohydrates, fats, and proteins, San Millan was confident in sending such a young rider into the hardest races in the world.

“In those [metabolic] measurements Tadej, compared to already very good cyclists, is on another level,” San Millan said. “For this reason, we were not afraid to take him to La Vuelta so young, because with that fantastic capacity for recovery there was no risk of melting him.”