Quantcast

This is what's right with The Industry®

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Yeah, like DSD runt where the valves are both on top. With big temp changes, the mezzer sucks down because there is no equalization port, which requires hooking up a pump to the bottom and pulling it apart, which is way more of a hassle than any right side up fork for hooking up on the bottom, let alone the suck down issue.

Yeah, I get it, they have decent damping, but then they just do this bizarre stuff that basically guarantees they wont get any more mainstream. Manitouisms is what I call em. Back in the day they refused to use metal top caps for their preload like marz was and of course those plastic top caps would jam together after a few hard impacts.

IMO, they always get so close to actually good stuff, and then just go to la la land for a few important bits.
Meh, works fine for me, but I came from a Z1 so a Mag 21 probably would have been an improvement.

I was thinking of upgrading my Selva S air spring to the Selva R type but I might just wait for the new Mezzer and get one of them.
But if they swap to a balance port like the rear shock and Suntour I'll go something else, maybe coil.

Sounds like X-fusion is still running a pretty crude coil neg spring going off the top out reports on the 38mm Vengeance, so that's a no go.