Quantcast

This is what's right with The Industry®

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I'm taking it since Saturday. I've been a total disaster when it comes to wheelies, and gotta say I've been progressing steadily from the start. So is my 7 YO child. Luckily we have a nice grass backyard.
Been practicing the last few days, figure I might as well learn it well and not be such a hack at it. Errors I was making today included seat too low and trying to pull up too hard, mostly the latter happened when I got tired. Had some good runs. Gotta work on the ass-steering too.

schwaaa31

Turbo Monkey
Jul 30, 2002
Clinton Massachusetts
Eddie Masters is what’s right with the industry.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Rock shox are using exactly the same ploy with boxxer red and psylo silver lyriks/Pikes

#IndustryFashions have always put in little effort

Why bother when your target audience are stupid enough to pay money to walk around looking like this non ironically

Last edited:

sethimus

neu bizutch
Feb 5, 2006
not in Whistler anymore :/
Rock shox are using exactly the same ploy with boxxer red and psylo silver lyriks/Pikes

#IndustryFashions have always put in little effort

Why bother when your target audience are stupid enough to pay money to walk around looking like this non ironically

these are way too small, you can still see most of the forehead

dovbush66

Monkey
Aug 27, 2018
Ireland
reading nerds argue about suspension and other such drama on emptybeer is fucken great :D

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
reading nerds argue about suspension and other such drama on emptybeer is fucken great :D

Dougal is such a trainwreck. Just now I thought about quoting him where he says " Funny how I'm the only one...", but naw, just more fun to watch his trainwreck from the side...

Cerberus75

Monkey
Feb 18, 2017
Dougal is such a trainwreck. Just now I thought about quoting him where he says " Funny how I'm the only one...", but naw, just more fun to watch his trainwreck from the side...
His ideas on using frequency for spring rate is good. I Used it in car racing. But most people do it by feel anyway, if the frontand rear track different
You're going to adjust something unless you just not sensitive. But the rest of his stuff isn't the greatest advice. And not the only way.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
His ideas on using frequency for spring rate is good. I Used it in car racing. But most people do it by feel anyway, if the frontand rear track different
You're going to adjust something unless you just not sensitive. But the rest of his stuff isn't the greatest advice. And not the only way.
Well, he absolutely blasts anyone that mentions the concept of sag, and you have to have some kind of damn starting point IME, which sag is useful for.

Cerberus75

Monkey
Feb 18, 2017
Well, he absolutely blasts anyone that mentions the concept of sag, and you have to have some kind of damn starting point IME, which sag is useful for.
Yup, he blast anyone who does anything different. When sag is close to the correct spring rate. He also runs much softer spring but softer compression you should not do both.

Flo33

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2015
Styria
His "calculator" returned spring rates I can bottom out doing a bunny hop... 35 lbs/in front and 360 lbs/in rear. I run a 45 in my fork and a 500 in the rear, and quite some compression damping. A 450 in the rear works on the downhills but produces too much sag for steep climbs. So basically his recommendations are way off. And he is the only guy claiming to be a suspension expert telling people that always trying to leave hsc as wide open as possible and only tuning in lsc for stability is the way to go.

englertracing

you owe me a sandwich
Mar 5, 2012
La Verne
Sometimes i wonder how fast or rather not fast these self proclaimed suspension guys are.
Runnung a mega soft spring with no hsc indicates to me that perhaps he is a turtle

Cerberus75

Monkey
Feb 18, 2017
His "calculator" returned spring rates I can bottom out doing a bunny hop... 35 lbs/in front and 360 lbs/in rear. I run a 45 in my fork and a 500 in the rear, and quite some compression damping. A 450 in the rear works on the downhills but produces too much sag for steep climbs. So basically his recommendations are way off. And he is the only guy claiming to be a suspension expert telling people that always trying to leave hsc as wide open as possible and only tuning in lsc for stability is the way to go.
On a fork the damper requires at least one click of HSC for the LSC to work

Leafy

Monkey
Sep 13, 2019
On a fork the damper requires at least one click of HSC for the LSC to work
For the charger? Not all dampers though, some wont/cant let you open the HSC that far depending on design. The same can go the other way around, running LSC full open can make you never even open the HSC circuit, like on moco dampers.

Cerberus75

Monkey
Feb 18, 2017
For the charger? Not all dampers though, some wont/cant let you open the HSC that far depending on design. The same can go the other way around, running LSC full open can make you never even open the HSC circuit, like on moco dampers.
Mezzer, you can close LSC all the way and if HSC is open it will blow through.