Quantcast

This is what's right with The Industry®

Andeh

Customer Title
Mar 3, 2020
How does the Outbound do on the helmet? Is it more of a spot, or a flood? 2 hours on high is sufficient run time.
It's more of a flood. I switched to it from a L&M Taz1200. I like the Hangover a lot more for the low weight / center of gravity - way less bobble-head. It definitely has a less defined spotlight, but at the same time, it throws a much wider flood that helps give back some peripheral vision. Apparently the guy is working on an "EVO" version intended for the handlebar which is essentially the Hangover doubled up, and will cost about $230. I'll get that to replace the Taz2000 on my bars, because I like the wider beam pattern so much.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
It's more of a flood. I switched to it from a L&M Taz1200. I like the Hangover a lot more for the low weight / center of gravity - way less bobble-head. It definitely has a less defined spotlight, but at the same time, it throws a much wider flood that helps give back some peripheral vision. Apparently the guy is working on an "EVO" version intended for the handlebar which is essentially the Hangover doubled up, and will cost about $230. I'll get that to replace the Taz2000 on my bars, because I like the wider beam pattern so much.
I'm kinda opposite, I like the flood on my bars and the spot on my helmet.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Which is ironic, seeing how goddamn capable the new bikes are.
I blame 29ers and wide handlebars. At least here it seems that tight turns get removed and trees/brushes close to the trail removed to avoid tight spots. Those big wheel and 800 mm handlebars need room to breath after all. :disgust1:

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Been using Lupine lights for several years and love 'em. Not cheap but great quality. Currently running a Wilma on my bars and a Piko on my helmet. Bluetooth wireless remotes for both.
I have a pair of Piko x4s. Have been incredibly impressed with them. The quality is off the charts imo.

Electric_City

Torture wrench
Apr 14, 2007
Park tool.

They didn't have to do anything for me since my stand is 7 years old. I gave them my cc and shipping info knowing the part was $35. But instead they sent me a part for free even though the warranty is long gone (if there is a warranty on stands).

Thanks Park!

sethimus

neu bizutch
Feb 5, 2006
not in Whistler anymore :/
a certain roadie brand changing a few things about mtb clothing in a good way. so far they understand us quite well and know what we think about them. no dentist lvl, no mx stuff, style galore, lizards gonna be lizards though.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
i don't know who he works for.
Pay attention, man! :disgust1:

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
I heard Rapha has MTB kit coming soon too.

I'm more of a 3 jerseys for $150 dude though.

I'd probably rock a full-pajama Viathon outfit!

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
I heard Rapha has MTB kit coming soon too.

I'm more of a 3 jerseys for $150 dude though.

I'd probably rock a full-pajama Viathon outfit!
I'm more of a 3 t-shirts for $60 dude :)

In truth, the last jerseys I bought were about 5 years ago and they were back when CRC used to have deals. ~$30 each.
Easily see these lasting another 5.

Screen Shot 2020-11-27 at 12.35.11 PM.png

Pricing of stuff these days is a little nutty.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I'm more of a 3 t-shirts for $60 dude :)

In truth, the last jerseys I bought were about 5 years ago and they were back when CRC used to have deals. ~$30 each.
Easily see these lasting another 5.

View attachment 152863

Pricing of stuff these days is a little nutty.
I don't understand the point to "MTB" Jerseys. They are little more than technical tees for bike fashionistas. I personally find cheap base layer shirts from Champion or Duofold to to not only work well but are cheap.

Winter riding is challenging here as temps are near freezing with 100% humidity. I have a heavy marino base layer I got from REI for less than $40

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
I don't understand the point to "MTB" Jerseys. They are little more than technical tees for bike fashionistas. I personally find cheap base layer shirts from Champion or Duofold to to not only work well but are cheap.

Winter riding is challenging here as temps are near freezing with 100% humidity. I have a heavy marino base layer I got from REI for less than $40
Lots of REI and EMS house brand wool/poly/fleece stuff for winter here. Cheap, and it works! The "bike" specific jerseys I've got are all slowly dying, and won't be replaced with similar.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001

That's what I've observed. Mostly fashion and brand allegiance. Gone are the days the jerseys had a special purpose, like pockets in the back or full zip to vent and the like.

Will be eying rei/mec style base layer shirts when these wear out in... like 5-10 years.

I really used to like the xc jerseys from the 90s because those things were cool and were mostly about the bike brand (klein, fat city, etc.). Still use some of those for road riding with the leg shavers ;)

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
That's what I've observed. Mostly fashion and brand allegiance. Gone are the days the jerseys had a special purpose, like pockets in the back or full zip to vent and the like.

Will be eying rei/mec style base layer shirts when these wear out in... like 5-10 years.

I really used to like the xc jerseys from the 90s because those things were cool and were mostly about the bike brand (klein, fat city, etc.). Still use some of those for road riding with the leg shavers ;)

I chuckle at people's attempts to rid themselves of a camelback with fanny packs and strapping various things to their bikes when that problem was solved with pockets in XC jerseys. Yeah they look dumb, but no more than a fanny pack.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
i'm known as "dirty white t" guy among my buddies. when it gets cold i'll throw a flannel on. i do have a decent shell for rain. sure as hell not gonna shell out $ for a "kit."
summers here are hot and humid...if you're gonna sweat through a white t you're gonna sweat through a "tech base layer" too.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Climate goes from mild along the coast to desert hot a few hours inland. Throw in some easily obtainable 5000 ft elevation changes and you can see any condition, sometimes on the same ride.
True. I just run whatever brand jerseys are on sale mostly. I find riding in anything else becomes way to sweaty and wet very quickly but i sweat like a Wookie in a sauna.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I never liked putting things in jersey back pockets so switching to tech Ts was a super easy choice.