Quantcast

This is what's right with The Industry®

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Can't stuff a beer or three into my shirt, so backpack it is. And whatever shirts are on sale.

I got a sweet green Dakine shirt for $20 at MSA this summer. Its has pizza slices and bikes on it.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Can't stuff a beer or three into my shirt, so backpack it is. And whatever shirts are on sale.

I got a sweet green Dakine shirt for $20 at MSA this summer. Its has pizza slices and bikes on it.
back when camelbacks came out a high school friend of mine would put beer in the bladder.

Now, riding with 3 beers in my pack is definitely something I don’t want to do. It’s enough of a challenge to keep it on two wheels sober.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
back when camelbacks came out a high school friend of mine would put beer in the bladder.

Now, riding with 3 beers in my pack is definitely something I don’t want to do. It’s enough of a challenge to keep it on two wheels sober.
Practice makes perfect, right?

for the record one beer is the norm. two if its a long ride. only have done three during epics in quebec and north carolina.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

I have found that a single "hydrating sports beer" is pretty damn nice mid ride.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I'm still wearing stuff I bought on Chainlove 10+ years ago :D

Technical T's I've got a bunch from races that I wear if not wearing an XC jersey with pockets. I do like SpecialEd SWAT bibs with the pockets they have in them...

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia

A mate of mine did that and could never get the taste out. I normally just fill the bladder with ice water and tuck a couple of beer cans in with it and they stay ice cold up to a couple hours.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
A mate of mine did that and could never get the taste out. I normally just fill the bladder with ice water and tuck a couple of beer cans in with it and they stay ice cold up to a couple hours.
I like to fill the bladder partially full and freeze it overnight before filling prior to the ride. Just have to orient it correctly so the the drink tube connection has an air bubble.

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
Most tech tees that I find at REI-type stores nowadays don't breathe well enough for warm weather. They're OK for hiking, but not for real cardio in the sun.
IMO this is because outdoor brands went overboard with SPF-rated clothing a few years back. Before that, I could find very breathable mesh tech tees from North Face, etc.

I pretty much only want to ride in perforated long sleeves year round. When it gets a little colder, I'll put a warm base layer underneath. I'm a big fan of the TLD sprint jersey, except I can't hang with 90% of their "colourways". TLD shorts are ace these days tho.

It's on my to-do list to check out warm weather soccer jerseys. I am pretty sure the stuff made for running is too disposable.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I pretty much only want to ride in perforated long sleeves year round.
I am 100% with you. I bought very cheap ventilated motocross jerseys for like $10/piece for hot summer riding. The TLD stuff is nicer but 10 minutes in the ride, when drenched in sweat, the difference quickly disappears.

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
What moto stuff are you using? I had some cheap (and extremely ugly) Moose Sahara ones that were great material, but the cut and aesthetics left a lot to be desired.

If anyone knows of perforated / mesh tech tees, please chime in.

I am 100% with you. I bought very cheap ventilated motocross jerseys for like $10/piece for hot summer riding. The TLD stuff is nicer but 10 minutes in the ride, when drenched in sweat, the difference quickly disappears.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
It's on my to-do list to check out warm weather soccer jerseys. I am pretty sure the stuff made for running is too disposable.
Used to ride in soccer jerseys way back. Ones with proper fabric work just fine and dry quickly.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
What moto stuff are you using? I had some cheap (and extremely ugly) Moose Sahara ones that were great material, but the cut and aesthetics left a lot to be desired.

If anyone knows of perforated / mesh tech tees, please chime in.
I have a Cycle gear store down the street so I just buy their cheap Bilt jerseys, like this one: https://www.cyclegear.com/gear/bilt-air-con-jersey

Andeh

Customer Title
Mar 3, 2020
I cracked a We Are One Agent last Sunday on a curb like a dumbass. WAO had a new one at my door today (Friday) for $30. That's how you get customers for life.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Is this where Propaine's came from?

This thing would look pretty damn sweet, if it had a different seat and bash ring.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Monster t forks have always had me reaching for the eye bleach.
Come on, you know what the world needs now is a single crown Monster T...

At least they got the goddam chassis right. Literally, nothing else, but standards weren't very high...

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
Come on, you know what the world needs now is a single crown Monster T...

At least they got the goddam chassis right. Literally, nothing else, but standards weren't very high...
i had a first year monster (1999). at the time it was pretty cool; certainly a stout chassis, and plush. though the damper was decidedly primitive, but that was a given back then. and was 10lbs. which was about 4lbs heavier than my next fork, a manitou x-vert carbon (which had a decent damper, but required near weekly maintenance, and eventually broke). we've got it soooo good these days, in retrospect.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
i had a first year monster (1999). at the time it was pretty cool; certainly a stout chassis, and plush. though the damper was decidedly primitive, but that was a given back then. and was 10lbs. which was about 4lbs heavier than my next fork, a manitou x-vert carbon (which had a decent damper, but required near weekly maintenance, and eventually broke). we've got it soooo good these days, in retrospect.
The Monster T had slotted lowers and dynamic bushings, it was basically a re-purposed trials moto fork, possibly why the damping was so crap, since for trials it didn't really need to be taking impacts very fast. But chassis wise, that rigidity was perfect and the lubrication from the design was top notch. If it only had a decent damper, man that would have been just amazingballs. It's so frustrating how the "pieces" have existed from time to time, like the reliable and solid Monster chassis and the damper from Avy in their flexy DHF fork, but these things could never meet up in real life unfortunately. The 2004 chassis was supposed to be better damping, supposedly something from one of their moto forks, but that isn't necessarily saying much, given the other information above. If these could have been had with decent dampers, it would have been the ultimate example of how you don't need 10" of travel, you just need some good travel and rigidity to keep binding/flex down.