Quantcast

This is what's right with The Industry®

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Someone should make a new 170mm version with another couple of bends to keep them inside the diameter of a 32t chainring. Just think how low the BB could be dropped!

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
How do you think they so grotesquely bent that crank?
Obviously: BLOWTORCH
oh man, there's a whole side of bike riding you've obviously never seen :rofl:

I believe your generation would call it 'stunt riding', maybe 'extreme offroad cycling'

Or more relevant to that pedal style, running the fuck into a curb while wasted off your ass on 25th ave at 3am

I'm familiar with all of the above of course....

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle

I believe your generation would call it 'stunt riding', maybe 'extreme offroad cycling'

Or more relevant to that pedal style, running the fuck into a curb while wasted off your ass on 25th ave at 3am

The direction in which it's bent suggests huckage rather than running it into a curb, which is extra awesome given the pedal style and extremely quality-looking frame.

Once upon a time ago I worked for an a company that was sending a bunch of people to China often enough that they rented a couple of apartments on a more permanent basis rather than putting us up in hotels. One of the guys who was stationed over there longer-term convinced someone that we needed a fleet of cheap POS electric scooters to get around on (sit down Vespa style ones, not the overgrown Razors that are everywhere now). I spent a couple of weeks over there and bent the frames on all three of them hucking them off the stairs in the apartment complex while drunk. :rofl:

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!

You forgot the most distinctive move:

HUCK2FLAT!!!

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
The shock is always a structural component whether trunnion or eyelet fixing.
The occurrence of bent shafts and premature seal damage will be greater with poor frame design (yokes etc) than trunnion mounting.
Honestly never seen a trunnion bolt fail but have seen a few bearing eyelet mounts fail (RS super deluxe shocks) and bushing eyelets ovalise/wear

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Filed a ticket on the Lezyne website this morning for a broken zipper on a wallet that was just within the 12 month warranty. New wallet shipped out this afternoon :thumb:

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
think we’ve covered the Appleman 2XR cranks elsewhere - but just seen that they have an option with all their length options on, which you can rent out whilst you make your decisions.

www.applemanbicycles.com

2XR FIT Crank Arms
Cranks arms make the legs go round. Available in 100 and 135-175mm. The crank arms minimize stress risers and maximize fatigue life.
www.applemanbicycles.com
www.applemanbicycles.com

isn’t it nice when people lower the cost of entry and give the consumer options? Cheaper options abound for sure, but for a hand made in North America option? Not really.

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009

Yep. never seen a crank arm look quite so "right" in my life
It’s for testing you absolute whopper. The description states that the main intent is for bike fit studios/shops. Apparently you can also rent this from Appleman, on a try before you buy basis.

You know, for people who like to make personally informed decisions rather than listen to advice of stubborn little trolls on forums.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
And NOTHING is going to tell me how much I like 100mm cranks on my mtb like a 100mm crank that has the clearance of a 190mm crank.

The idea is a massive fail
But I'm sure the "rental" will appeal to plenty absolute Jerrys

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
And NOTHING is going to tell me how much I like 100mm cranks on my mtb like a 100mm crank that has the clearance of a 190mm crank.

The idea is a massive fail
But I'm sure the "rental" will appeal to plenty absolute Jerrys
Fail to see the options from 145 to 175 in 10mm increments or just enjoying being recalcitrant?
I already know the answer Gary, always a pleasure to have you on board.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Fail to see the options from 145 to 175 in 10mm increments or just enjoying being recalcitrant?
I already know the answer Gary, always a pleasure to have you on board.
Nah. Having ridden long enough to have already tried every single option they offer I'm just not all that interested.
But honestly. Trying a super short mtb crank WITHOUT the improvement in pedal clearance is completely retarded