Quantcast

This is what's right with The Industry®

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
You ditching a bunch of fox stuff or something? My mtb stuff is so beat, I just need to buy new forks. Nothing parts would fix. It's not a matter of riding further or longer anymore. There are just too many fucking people screwing up trails and too many trail Karen's on the illegal stuff we used to ride whipping out their cell phones. I'm over it. I just ride my dirtbikes and outrun stupidity now.
No, not really getting rid of stuff. I just saw that Leland wanted a crown he couldn’t get so I got him one. I’ll help you with your fork but you have to do a few laps in Morgins first!
We still don’t have many easy trails so the squirrel and Karen filters are working.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
All I've seen is the ketchum-stanley area and that alone seems like a lifetime. Looks like grangeville ties into some of the stuff out of mccall......the other on the list. Singletrack......the stuff a mountainbiker would ride. That's where I go. I'd love to take Bucko on some of that just say "everything we just rode is completely legal"
I've done a crap ton of singletrack out of McCall and by riggins back in the mountains there...

Got lost on a ride was supposed to be a 2 hour ride down...we left 7am...walked out after crossing a creek at 2am...knocked on a door when we finally found a house the couple fed us and pointed us in the right direction..they said we were the 3rd visitors lost that season already and they are used to it after 20 years lol......granted buddy lives up there I used to as well we know the areas decent but there's SO much of it and it all tied in...

We ride the 450s there as well.

(Don't follow deer trails either we did lol, they make great riding but deer don't have an end point they wander)

Goose creek from brundige down the back side is pretty awesome...

dovbush66

Monkey
Aug 27, 2018
Ireland
I suck at MTB now because I've turned into a slow street BMX ledge whore but If there's a good crew I'll buy a shitty van and drive on over, I feel obligated to send some shit since bucko helped me build my dream DH bike (that i barely ride, lol)

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
I still say we get a bunch of you fuckers out here all in the same chalet at the same time. We can have a beer or two, take some naps, argue about enthusiast theoretical bullshit and maybe even ride bicycles.
Dude it is on my list. I'd fucken love it. Been working on my excuses for years in case I was ever forced to ride in front of you wankers gentlemen.

Happymtb.fr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2016
SWE

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
Nice. You bastard. I love pain au chocolat. Almost more than anything. So hard to find the good stuff here, though. :mad:
Hold my beer...

Just throw some dulce de leche inside and coat them in chocolate as we do at home...

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
Those sound suspiciously like donut holes...
But on steroids!

Fun fact: most of the bakeries in Buenos Aires in the early XX century were ran by Italian anarchists. They devised a code to rename all the most common facturas (pastries) in a denigrating way towards what they considered oppressive institutions. That's why the Berliners were commonly named bolas de fraile (fray's balls) or suspiros de monja (nun's sighs), the Italian cornettos were called cañoncitos (little cannons) and so on.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Nice. You bastard. I love pain au chocolat. Almost more than anything. So hard to find the good stuff here, though. :mad:
I have a place that's a block away from my house that makes them pretty much as good as anything I've had in France. It's next door to a great brewery too. Problem with both is that they're hipster magnets...

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I still say we get a bunch of you fuckers out here all in the same chalet at the same time. We can have a beer or two, take some naps, argue about enthusiast theoretical bullshit and maybe even ride bicycles.
:yes:
are you guys even allowing Covid-soaked Americans into the country?

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
I have a place that's a block away from my house that makes them pretty much as good as anything I've had in France. It's next door to a great brewery too. Problem with both is that they're hipster magnets...
What’s the problem exactly?

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
What’s the problem exactly?
They tend to be fucking sheep. They'll accept shit service as long as they can post on their instagram that they've been to this trendy place. The bakery in particular is horrible in terms of organization and customer service. I fucking hate going there. But their pastries are just so darn good, that every once in a while I break down and go, only to be reminded of why I haven't been in a month! (it's probably better for my waistline anyways!). The brewery is "average" in terms of quality, but super expensive. $5 for a can of beer?! I can get better quality for less, without having to put up with the insta-crowd. (I loved on-line ordering and home delivery... if only my favourite brewery was brewing my favourite brew right now... but they're all out).

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
They tend to be fucking sheep. They'll accept shit service as long as they can post on their instagram that they've been to this trendy place. The bakery in particular is horrible in terms of organization and customer service. I fucking hate going there. But their pastries are just so darn good, that every once in a while I break down and go, only to be reminded of why I haven't been in a month! (it's probably better for my waistline anyways!). The brewery is "average" in terms of quality, but super expensive. $5 for a can of beer?! I can get better quality for less, without having to put up with the insta-crowd. (I loved on-line ordering and home delivery... if only my favourite brewery was brewing my favourite brew right now... but they're all out).
Dominion City?

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Dominion City?
Dominion City is my favourite... Sunsplit. So good if you're a fan of NEIPAs. For me, it's the best example I've tasted from Canada.

The one in my backyard is Beyond the Pale. They used to be one of the best in town. But now, with the explosion of micro-breweries around here, they've become pretty average. But they still charge premium prices. And they don't keep their NEIPA (it's called Yummy) on the regular rotation, so it's hit and miss whether they have some in stock whenever I swing by.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Are you saying that poor customer service and organization is due to clientele (hipsters) that are not demanding. I'd put it first on the business frankly. I've seen trendy places in mtl with such issues. I wouldn't place the blame on those that more accepting of it. Maybe it's a perfect match. Who knows. But, why don't you give them some feedback?

$5 for a beer sounds like the right price to me. Or are you saying a 6 pack to go is $30? Which is pretty spendy imo.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Are you saying that poor customer service and organization is due to clientele (hipsters) that are not demanding. I'd put it first on the business frankly. I've seen trendy places in mtl with such issues. I wouldn't place the blame on those that more accepting of it. Maybe it's a perfect match. Who knows. But, why don't you give them some feedback?

$5 for a beer sounds like the right price to me. Or are you saying a 6 pack to go is $30? Which is pretty spendy imo.
a) I think it's a perfect storm. At one point, they actually put up a sign saying (I'm paraphrasing obviously) "we don't care about your feelings, you can smile, or GTFO" (I think it actually said something along the lines of "smile. we're doing our best". At one point people would get so angry (not just me) they were getting abusive with the staff. The place has a high staff turn over rate. I think management doesn't care because the money is rolling in, and celebrity chefs are gobbling their knobs:

b) I just bought 4 beers at lunch and it cost just under $20.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
a) I think it's a perfect storm. At one point, they actually put up a sign saying (I'm paraphrasing obviously) "we don't care about your feelings, you can smile, or GTFO" (I think it actually said something along the lines of "smile. we're doing our best". At one point people would get so angry (not just me) they were getting abusive with the staff. The place has a high staff turn over rate. I think management doesn't care because the money is rolling in, and celebrity chefs are gobbling their knobs:

b) I just bought 4 beers at lunch and it cost just under $20.
All those downfalls aside, god damn that stuff looks good.