Quantcast

This is what's right with The Industry®

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Are you saying that poor customer service and organization is due to clientele (hipsters) that are not demanding. I'd put it first on the business frankly. I've seen trendy places in mtl with such issues. I wouldn't place the blame on those that more accepting of it. Maybe it's a perfect match. Who knows. But, why don't you give them some feedback?

$5 for a beer sounds like the right price to me. Or are you saying a 6 pack to go is $30? Which is pretty spendy imo.
They clearly need more Karens as customers.

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
:yes:
are you guys even allowing Covid-soaked Americans into the country?

Beer or 2? Maybe 1 beer and a half Litre of whiskey daily. If they have any type of Chewing tobacco there I'm in otherwise I'll have to smuggle some in. You guys ride and I will sign back into MTBR and mess with them and pretend to still ride on the interweb. Just picture this guy and speaking of some hallucinogenics may be required......
Screen Shot 2021-08-06 at 5.02.49 AM.png

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
If they have any type of Chewing tobacco there I'm in otherwise I'll have to smuggle some in.
Can vouch

exists but yurp sized to fit in tight jeans

Longest hold I ever underwent was because I had a can of copenhagen with me that I admitted to having. Sat there for 3 hours while these fuckers just walked in every 20 minutes asking about my guns, threatening to search the truck. I literally told them multiple times to go right ahead and good luck with that, just put everything back. Chew = AR15 apparently.

Talk about racial profiling!

Fortunately I tend to look and smell like rolling syphillis when I'm on a road trip so they chose wisely and didn't soil themselves within the confines of 'the truck.' No sanitizer made could have saved them from divorce upon the end of the work day.

edit: actually there was a longer one.....we had SAUSAGES one time. Democracy almost fell. That was a murkan search though. Apparently the meat didn't have the USDA required amount of freedom injected at the canadian labs.

Last edited:

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
This

Andeh

Customer Title
Mar 3, 2020
I got an email from Outbound Lighting today. TLDR: they weren't happy with the cast aluminum bar clamps that came with their lights last year, so they redesigned them as nylon and are sending them out to every single customer free of charge, no need to submit request or any other paperwork.

Happymtb.fr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2016
SWE
paging @kidwoo suntour seems to have listened when everyone else hasn't

View attachment 164539
No pinched bolt, no care!

Why can't they use the same lowers as the Rux ?

Then I don't get why a 38mm single crown should be better than a 35mm double crown... no creaking, no twisting of the steerer tube, direct mount stem, similar weight, 20mm axle, more space for the air spring, adjustable a2c and maybe more... what's not to like?

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Then I don't get why a 38mm single crown should be better than a 35mm double crown... no creaking, no twisting of the steerer tube, direct mount stem, similar weight, 20mm axle, more space for the air spring, adjustable a2c and maybe more... what's not to like?
Comment reported to Homeland Security.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Just don't call these abominations "beer". :disgust1:

I am all for these kinds of beers if they find a way to roast the barley just right to bring out a nice deep chocolatey flavor. But I am guessing it just gets a squirt of industrial flavorings as it gets filled into the can, so that can just fuck right the fuck off.

Flo33

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2015
Styria
TowWhee handling my snapped TowWhee and sending me out a new one for free nearly 2 years after buying it is defo a company doing stuff right in the industry. :thumb:

Lelandjt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2008
Breckenridge, CO/Lahaina,HI
TowWhee handling my snapped TowWhee and sending me out a new one for free nearly 2 years after buying it is defo a company doing stuff right in the industry. :thumb:
He's a really good guy and was a solid pro DH and enduro racer with a state motocross championship in his past. We became friends camping at races so I still catch up with his family for a moto ride when I pass through Grand Junction. While riding Black Rock Oregon a couple days ago I saw two teens, one on an e-bike, using a strap to tow each other up the road so I told them about TowWhee.

Flo33

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2015
Styria
He's a really good guy and was a solid pro DH and enduro racer with a state motocross championship in his past. We became friends camping at races so I still catch up with his family for a moto ride when I pass through Grand Junction. While riding Black Rock Oregon a couple days ago I saw two teens, one on an e-bike, using a strap to tow each other up the road so I told them about TowWhee.
Eric himself answered my support form submission. Great to hear he is a nice guy in real life too. Cheers to him! :cheers::clapping:

Flo33

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2015
Styria
Originally intended to tow your kid up climbs during a ride. E-bikes make me wonder if Eric will make a model tuned for towing an adult. I know the magic in his sauce is having just the right amount of elasticity and length for towing a kid.
And it works perfect at that! Still don't know why mine actually failed. My Boy got hung up on a big root and hooked the right bar end into a tree. I maybe went 3-4 m ahead and at first didn't even notice it was damaged because I towed him up for another 30 m or so. Only at home did I realise that one end of the rubber inner rope was loose inside the outer textile lining, not torn, just loose and disengaged at the end.
Anyways, great product and I can only recommend it.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Originally intended to tow your kid up climbs during a ride. E-bikes make me wonder if Eric will make a model tuned for towing an adult. I know the magic in his sauce is having just the right amount of elasticity and length for towing a kid.
there's a bike park near here that opened recently (Kanuga) that's very e-bike friendly (no lifts) and i believe you can rent such straps there.