Quantcast

This is what's right with The Industry®

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Just got my "Changing Robe". Apparently it's been a thing for surfers for a while. Wish I would've known that before a park ranger threatened me with jail time if I ever change into my chamois in the parking lot ever again....

A little overkill for me, but you can't be too warm and dry, right?!

https://nukeproof.com/products/robe
You either live in the US or in Afghanistan. Saudi Arabia would be my 3rd guess.

FlipSide

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
MSA just announced Velosolution Canada will build a permanent Dual Slalom track at the base of the mountain this summer, for the Crankworks Canada Series.

Revival of DS really is what's right with the Industry.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
MSA just announced Velosolution Canada will build a permanent Dual Slalom track at the base of the mountain this summer, for the Crankworks Canada Series.

Revival of DS really is what's right with the Industry.
Ours is definitely not permanent.

1652842784041.png

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
Lifts and bike parks opening for the season!

I'm up at Sol Vista err...Silvercreek....err...Granby Ranch. (Inside Colorado jokes :) Still some snow up here but they're lighting up the lift! Which is always a good thing!

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Lifts and bike parks opening for the season!

I'm up at Sol Vista err...Silvercreek....err...Granby Ranch. (Inside Colorado jokes :) Still some snow up here but they're lighting up the lift! Which is always a good thing!
Lifts are spinning from this weekend?

Hmm DH bikes are still in the basement, I need to swap my rear tyre and a few other service items on them both. Might have to consider a trip in the next couple of weekends.

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
Lifts are spinning from this weekend?

Hmm DH bikes are still in the basement, I need to swap my rear tyre and a few other service items on them both. Might have to consider a trip in the next couple of weekends.
Yep! Opening day!

Not all trails will be open, unfortunately, still snow/mud. So probably best to keep it to a trail bike and expectations low. But the lift is definitely running!

Feb 21, 2020
SoCo Western Slope
2 mur weekz.
Actually kinda shocked that a summer pass for Purgatory is only $200, seeing that daily tickets are $45.
Maybe it's because they plan on the lift being broken for 1/2 the season again? :cray:

First full summer with a DH bike and lift service 30 min from the garage, stoke is cautiously high....

Leafy

Monkey
Sep 13, 2019
Damn that's sweet to be so close.
I finally convinced my wife to go to the park tomorrow. It's only loon which doesn't have a trail listed harder than blue and it's only flow, which is how I got her to go.

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
Just got my "Changing Robe". Apparently it's been a thing for surfers for a while. Wish I would've known that before a park ranger threatened me with jail time if I ever change into my chamois in the parking lot ever again....

A little overkill for me, but you can't be too warm and dry, right?!

https://nukeproof.com/products/robe
So turns out this changing robe thing is pretty sweet! The wife loves it, now I have to buy her one!

schwaaa31

Turbo Monkey
Jul 30, 2002
Clinton Massachusetts
Cracked one of my Tenet Occult pedals this weekend. Pedals were almost 2 years old. Emailed them yesterday, new pair of updated pedals on the way to me at no cost. Would bang again.

Last edited:

Carraig042

me 1st
Apr 5, 2011
East Tennessee
Cracked one of my Tenet Occult pedals this weekend. Pedals were almost 2 years old. Emailed them yesterday, new pair of updated pedals on the way to me at no cost. Would bang again.

That is a great warranty! What is updated?

I have been looking at these pedals to replace my Oneup Aluminum pedals. I tried the super thin non concave and I think I am over it. The pin placement also does not chive with me..

schwaaa31

Turbo Monkey
Jul 30, 2002
Clinton Massachusetts

I have been looking at these pedals to replace my Oneup Aluminum pedals. I tried the super thin non concave and I think I am over it. The pin placement also does not chive with me..
[/QUOTE]

They said they’ve seen the same crack in the same area a few times so they updated the pedal. I’m assuming they added some meat to it.
5D53EC54-FCF7-4B08-A18C-83681EA776F4.jpeg

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord

same thing here with the oneups...thought they'd be close to my raceface atlases but the atlases are so much grippier and a touch concave. paid a bit more and went back to em.

Leafy

Monkey
Sep 13, 2019
The one ups looked pretty good but two bike shops told me they sucked. One says they'd had to replace two cranksets from them eating the thread in the last month and another that stopped carrying them because they were doing too many warranty for the bearings.

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
The one ups looked pretty good but two bike shops told me they sucked. One days they'd had to replace two cranksets from them eating the thread in the last month and angry that stopped carrying them because they were doing too many warranty for the bearings.
Alloy oneups can't be used with sram carbon cranks. The pedal bearing location combined with recessed threads on their carbon crankarm puts too much load in bad places. Oneup has it on the pedal web page last time I checked.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...

Not sure what is updated, but I can tell you I friggin love my Tenets, and I was running the alloy OneUp pedals previously. I'm not nearly as fat as @schwaaa31 (but who is?), so I've not broken mine - but its nice to know that if I did they'd hook a monkey up. But seriously, they're great pedals that I can't recommend enough. They also have a version thats made on this side of the pond if that matters.

Andeh

Customer Title
Mar 3, 2020
I love my Tenets too (more than my $$$ NSB Daemons). Haven't broken them. If/when I ever N+1 the bike quiver, whatever I get will get a new pair of Tenets too.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
The one ups looked pretty good but two bike shops told me they sucked. One says they'd had to replace two cranksets from them eating the thread in the last month and another that stopped carrying them because they were doing too many warranty for the bearings.
3ish years on my One Ups and still haven’t touched them. Then again my bike has never been washed nor ridden in more than a light drizzle, so most bearings last damn near forever.