Quantcast

This is what's wrong with My Body©

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Got a shot for my back today. Been having lower back pain pretty much constantly and it's been impacting sleep for months. Hope this works. We did an MRI before and yeah, there's some screwed up nerves down there.

At least the leg is coming along decent. There's a point of weakness we are working at in PT, but really for all my normal stuff and activities, I don't even notice a difference anymore. I do have super-gore pics now from before the surgery that the docs too.

There's more screwed up stuff I gotta fix though...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
That sucks. I had a torn muscle in my back a few years ago and it took a solid 6 months to heal, because you can't really rest the back. Was a nightmare.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Tordol or a steroid?

backs suk

I hate to say it but not riding a mountainbike 3-5 days a week any more is the best thing that ever happened to my spine.
Steroid.

To start. I really hope this works.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I had a double herniation in 2015. had a number of minor procedures to address it with varying degrees of success. pain didn't go away and stay away until last year I got a rowing machine and started getting my core strength back. I lost about ten pounds and felt better than I had in years. then I got lazy in the fall and packed it back on. here's to starting over.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I had a double herniation in 2015. had a number of minor procedures to address it with varying degrees of success. pain didn't go away and stay away until last year I got a rowing machine and started getting my core strength back. I lost about ten pounds and felt better than I had in years. then I got lazy in the fall and packed it back on. here's to starting over.
I've been hard doing PT and home/gym training for months...I was doing it for months before my knee thing too. Just didn't make any or enough difference. Walking up at night due to back pain sucks.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I've been hard doing PT and home/gym training for months...I was doing it for months before my knee thing too. Just didn't make any or enough difference. Walking up at night due to back pain sucks.
I don't know exactly what you have going on but I have a laundry list. The worse of it (collapsed discs) actually worked some of itself out by the vertebrae fusing over time. I've got scoliosis and muscles in the wrong places now after tons of broken processes but changing the repetitive stress patterns from biking went a long way.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I don't know exactly what you have going on but I have a laundry list. The worse of it (collapsed discs) actually worked some of itself out by the vertebrae fusing over time. I've got scoliosis and muscles in the wrong places now after tons of broken processes but changing the repetitive stress patterns from biking went a long way.
It's like L5 to Sacrum misalignment with some disc degeneration, but mainly causing a couple nerves going out the sides on the bottom and top of the disc to be impinged/screwed up, causing the pain. Doc said fusion is an option, but way down the road, there's a lot to try to come up with something non-fusion.

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
Fucked up my rotator cuff. Almost two years now and it’s starting to feel better finally. No idea how I hurt it. I used to love throwing stuff but not anymore.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I sprained my hand/wrist last week...but no freaking idea how/when/where.

I had to fill out the "insurance wants to sue someone" form yesterday for my back. It asked "what happened and where?".

I answered: My back hurts, in my back.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
At 66 I have come to the realization that I am just going to hurt most of the time. CBD Gummi's seem to help moderate it somewhat. Every so often the pins in my left ankle decide to piss off the nerves, like every time we get a large Barometric change. The sewn together rt distal biceps tendon likes to scream at me every few months. The right Achilles seems to have healed from the partial tear and hasn't bugged me in 3 months. Right rotator says if you throw anything you will be in pain but for some reason I can fly cast all day and it is ok with that. My neck is fucked it always hurts, most of the time I can deal with it but sometimes it takes 2 naproxin sodiums to make the pain bearable. Arthritis in the hands from rock climbing is also so much fun. Weight lifting seems to help most of the pain to stay away by giving the muscles the ability to hold shit into the right place

Last edited:

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
A hair above 50.

Trailbuilding has screwed up my elbows this summer. PT is taking care of that slowly. Besides a shoulder that is misaligned due to consecutive collarbone incident I'm in pretty good shape.