Quantcast

This is what's wrong with The Industry™

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Ah, yes, how dare they make an inconsequential change in their marketing to be more sensitive to a historically marginalized group.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Shitty overpriced frames that ride weird and fail disproportionately: Meh

Changes name of consumer cult: NOW YOU'VE GONE TOO FAR!!!!!!!

:rofl:
i own a yeti. i'd sell it, but nobody wants a 26" XC hardtail that can't even take a 2" tire. maybe it's old enough that it's "vintage" and i can cash it in.

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
Just saying the Venn diagram of 2019 CompetitiveCyclist Yeti owners and 2020 eSpec riders is a single circle.

Out here it's less dental and more divorced sales guys tho.

vinny4130

Monkey
Jun 11, 2007
albuquerque
They are a private company in free country, just because I don’t agree with their change doesn’t make them wrong and me right or visa versa. People seem to forget freedom of speech isn’t there to protect the majority in agreement it’s to protect anyone who says what they think stupid or not. People make such a big deal out of such inconsequential things. But since they are changing it I from this day forward rename the Yeti Gaggle Gathering. It kinda has a shrimp scampi thing going for it. Or YGG yah you know me. Or just because YGG has gg in it as homage to the real build in Colorado company.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Ah, yes, how dare they make an inconsequential change in their marketing to be more sensitive to a historically marginalized group.
Wait, wait, wait....vikings had tribes too and they for sure are white people...as white as the Yeti. Soooo, what now? ;)
Why is the term "tribe" now only applicable to native americans?

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
the tribes of israel from the bible?
I was thinking that "tribe" isn't particularly owned by any specific group. Hell the dictionary - "The term tribe is used in many different contexts to refer to a category of human social group ". Maybe it means something different in the US or whatever.

toodles

Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Also back on the Industry rants, nice to see some Insta influencers getting called out for poaching lines and exposing secret tracks for likes on the non-stop social media machine. Barelli is copping some flack for the line he's doing on the latest PB vid. Apparently the dude who built it hasn't even had a chance to hit it yet.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Also back on the Industry rants, nice to see some Insta influencers getting called out for poaching lines and exposing secret tracks for likes on the non-stop social media machine. Barelli is copping some flack for the line he's doing on the latest PB vid. Apparently the dude who built it hasn't even had a chance to hit it yet.
maybe that dude shoulda sacked up then. people hit lines i'm not done with all the time. i'm not gonna cry about it. if they get hurt it's on them; if they ride it out, more power to 'em.

toodles

Aug 24, 2004
Australia
maybe that dude shoulda sacked up then. people hit lines i'm not done with all the time. i'm not gonna cry about it. if they get hurt it's on them; if they ride it out, more power to 'em.
So much for no dig, no ride hey. Just go out and punch other peoples features before they even get a chance to ride them themselves, and better yet - show a few thousand followers where it is even when you didn't contribute.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
So much for no dig, no ride hey. Just go out and punch other peoples features before they even get a chance to ride them themselves, and better yet - show a few thousand followers where it is even when you didn't contribute.
well, i guess i don't exactly live in bc so there aren't a ton of people doing it. but i honestly don't care if people hit my lines before i do. also, it's not like it's a dirt jump line that a bunch of joeys are going to destroy the lips. i dig because i like creating and giving back, and around here there's so much whining - especially about people riding wet trails - that it just
makes me happy to create things at the one trail system locally that people can ride whenever and however they want.

here's an example. found and was working on the line into and out of this rock drop and well before it was done, this dude hit it. props to him. https://www.instagram.com/p/B8625rOnmYR/?igshid=1ljjgyl3vhql7

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
well, i guess i don't exactly live in bc so there aren't a ton of people doing it. but i honestly don't care if people hit my lines before i do. also, it's not like it's a dirt jump line that a bunch of joeys are going to destroy the lips. i dig because i like creating and giving back, and around here there's so much whining - especially about people riding wet trails - that it just
makes me happy to create things at the one trail system locally that people can ride whenever and however they want.

here's an example. found and was working on the line into and out of this rock drop and well before it was done, this dude hit it. props to him. https://www.instagram.com/p/B8625rOnmYR/?igshid=1ljjgyl3vhql7
around here the problem is people whining about things being too hard. edit: or only being able to be ridden one way :rolleyes:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Good

That guy is an attention whore at everyone else's expense. Fuck'im.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
well, i guess i don't exactly live in bc so there aren't a ton of people doing it.
1. You don't live near whistler which has a constant influx of entitled douchebags just looking to brag about what they rode

2. You've obviously never had trails lost because of exposure

3. In some cases, yes, it's exactly like building dirtjumps that people skid up and make unrideable

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
1. You don't live near whistler which has a constant influx of entitled douchebags just looking to brag about what they rode

2. You've obviously never had trails lost because of exposure

3. In some cases, yes, it's exactly like building dirtjumps that people skid up and make unrideable
i have...trails come and go. sometimes they're gone for good; in other cases we've worked with land owners/managers to make things legit.

won't disagree about screw insta influencers and attention whore tho.

what i won't ever do is build shore type features on federal land...that didn't end so well for some folks out here a while back...