Quantcast

This is what's wrong with The Industry™

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
The Fox logo is probably worth orders of magnitude more than RockShox as it spans multiple products and industries. They have a hell of a lot more to protect.

englertracing

you owe me a sandwich
Mar 5, 2012
La Verne
The Fox logo is probably worth orders of magnitude more than RockShox as it spans multiple products and industries. They have a hell of a lot more to protect.
Ahh looks like your assuming fox head has anything to do with fox suspension

Doesnt.. .

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Ahh looks like your assuming fox head has anything to do with fox suspension

Doesnt.. .
No, he's right. Fox suspension has automotive, ATV, snowmachine and other divisions. He has a point, it's far bigger than just mtb suspension, likely it's not the majority of their business. Don't they even make OEM shocks for some of the more aggressive off-road trucks?

Yes, the fox clothing company is different (same origins, different company), but even fox suspension is a lot bigger than kashima mountain bike shocks.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
No, he's right. Fox suspension has automotive, ATV, snowmachine and other divisions. He has a point, it's far bigger than just mtb suspension, likely it's not the majority of their business. Don't they even make OEM shocks for some of the more aggressive off-road trucks?

Yes, the fox clothing company is different (same origins, different company), but even fox suspension is a lot bigger than kashima mountain bike shocks.
Yea I remember reading a few years back that their mtb unit accounts for maybe a quarter of their business

Andeh

Customer Title
Mar 3, 2020
Slik sent an update out yesterday, sounds like Fox is trying to work something out with them.
"We are happy to update you that the bike division at Fox Factory reached out directly to organise a call; we were able to connect for a positive and productive discussion on Tuesday, July 28th.
The team at Fox were incredibly sympathetic and expressed that their plan all along has been to partner with select aftermarket decal manufacturers and that Slik was always at the top of their list, however, an internal miscommunication on their part led to the unfortunate situation that occurred. They are enthusiastic to find a solution with Slik and we have arranged a follow-up discussion next week. We are going to continue with the hopes of a swift agreement so that we can get back to delivering what you need."

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho

TRD pro toyota's and the ultimate douche truck the ford raptor come stock with Fox shocks.

fwp

Monkey
Jun 5, 2013
Wonder how the Tacomabros would feel if they realized their 50k Turd pro Tacoma has less HP than a Toyota sienna minivan?
They are lame but they do run until they rot away and damn do they hold value

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Wonder how the Tacomabros would feel if they realized their 50k Turd pro Tacoma has less HP than a Toyota sienna minivan?
might be because its a slightly heavier vehicle to begin with.

ebarker9

Monkey
Oct 2, 2007
Owner of a Turd OR. Well, actually it's my wife's main vehicle. Agree, drivetrain is pretty lousy. Not a lot of power, gas mileage not great, auto transmission feels antiquated. But I have zero complaints with the rest of it.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Owner of a Turd OR. Well, actually it's my wife's main vehicle. Agree, drivetrain is pretty lousy. Not a lot of power, gas mileage not great, auto transmission feels antiquated. But I have zero complaints with the rest of it.
We just finished a road trip from Toronto to Quebec City and in a new Tacoma and I thought the gas mileage was actually pretty good. If I kept it around 70mph, it was getting about 26mpg. Then again, this thing has normal truck tires on it and no giant sail of a rooftop tent on it.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
We just finished a road trip from Toronto to Quebec City and in a new Tacoma and I thought the gas mileage was actually pretty good. If I kept it around 70mph, it was getting about 26mpg. Then again, this thing has normal truck tires on it and no giant sail of a rooftop tent on it.
That's what my 6.2 camaro gets.

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
Very true. I am a tundra man, on my 4th or 5th one now. Gas mileage sucks, but all full size trucks do unless they are gassers and even those get shitty mileage these days.

One of my favorite friend arguments of all times was over drinks one night, our "baller" real estate buddy had a 2 years old loaded tahoe LTZ and was dogging on our buddies 8 or 9 year old tacoma with 100k on the clock. I told him the tacoma was worth way more than his tahoe and he didnt believe me and got so pissed... so we blue booked them side by side and I almost saw a grown man cry.

Bro do you even hp?
Pickup trucks have been becoming less and less functional as time goes on. In the 1950s, bow tie daddies drove station wagons. Today they drive pickup "trucks".

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Pickup trucks have been becoming less and less functional as time goes on. In the 1950s, bow tie daddies drove station wagons. Today they drive pickup "trucks".
I don’t know crap about these new school trucks. What’s the point of these exactly? Seems like a lot of posturing.

englertracing

you owe me a sandwich
Mar 5, 2012
La Verne
The modern equivalent to a codpiece
Well it all started when dumb ass flat brim dickies wearing high school kids started call every piece of shit truck with fiberglass fenders, a leveling kit and too big of tires a prerunner, i like to call them pretenders.... its like they don't know that a prerunner is quite literally a vehicle used to prerun a race course, the previously described vehicle would never be actually be used for such a thing.

Anyways these same idiots are now adults and want their trucks to come with fender flares...... and believe the "baja ready" marketing bs

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Well it all started when dumb ass flat brim dickies wearing high school kids started call every piece of shit truck with fiberglass fenders, a leveling kit and too big of tires a prerunner, i like to call them pretenders.... its like they don't know that a prerunner is quite literally a vehicle used to prerun a race course, the previously described vehicle would never be actually be used for such a thing.

Anyways these same idiots are now adults and want their trucks to come with fender flares...... and believe the "baja ready" marketing bs

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK

Given the number of people I've observed in Texas departing and joining the highway without the use of on/off-ramps, I'd say there is something to it...

Happymtb.fr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2016
SWE
# Now a small DH-bikes related break # :brows:

I had a chat with Oliver Zwar on the chairlift a few weeks ago. I had no idea who he was at the time but he rides elit WC and usually finishes around 30th and 40th-ish (https://www.rootsandrain.com/rider27912/oliver-zwar/results/)
He told me that it was the first year that he got his bikes for free... and most of the travel expenses are at his charge.
That's a crazy low level of support if you ask me!

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
# Now a small DH-bikes related break # :brows:

I had a chat with Oliver Zwar on the chairlift a few weeks ago. I had no idea who he was at the time but he rides elit WC and usually finishes around 30th and 40th-ish (https://www.rootsandrain.com/rider27912/oliver-zwar/results/)
He told me that it was the first year that he got his bikes for free... and most of the travel expenses are at his charge.
That's a crazy low level of support if you ask me!
Well...40th. I'm not sure someone at that placement would/should have a free-ride. Going too far in the other extreme is bad too, but as a big company, you are sponsoring some road, XC, enduro, DH, whatever other fringe groups, travel, support, etc. At some point there's got to be a cutoff?

I'm still waiting for them to call me up for getting 7th and 3rd in gravel races on my fat-bike. Any day now.