Quantcast

This is what's wrong with The Industry™

Electric_City

Torture wrench
Apr 14, 2007
This isn't "The Industry ™", but people in general. If you haven't seen it yet, go on FB and look up Tom Morris. Those 2 people need to be humiliated and beaten in public. They are NOT a representation of "The Industry" or of us "the riders". They're 2 assholes who don't deserve to be here on earth anymore.

Screenshot_20200910-105620_Chrome.jpg

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
This isn't "The Industry ™", but people in general. If you haven't seen it yet, go on FB and look up Tom Morris. Those 2 people need to be humiliated and beaten in public. They are NOT a representation of "The Industry" or of us "the riders". They're 2 assholes who don't deserve to be here on earth anymore.

View attachment 149599
i saw this yesterday. absolutely disgusting.

i've got a buddy who's paraplegic, we worked together a long time ago when i started racing DH. he remembered i was a mountain biking, he reached out to me because he's starting to get into adaptiv riding and loves it, and had questoins on where he can go, equipment, etc. he went to killington and got hooked. i can't wait to go riding with him.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
"You should have lead with that".

LOL what the fuck? Fuck those two people.

Even as someone who isn't a fan of ebikes, there is no way I'd even consider or think about saying anything to that guy other than "have a nice ride man!".

Where is this? I'm guessing the midwest somewhere? Arkansas?

Mountain bikers are a friendly bunch.
They aren't one of us.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
"You should have lead with that".

LOL what the fuck? Fuck those two people.

Even as someone who isn't a fan of ebikes, there is no way I'd even consider or think about saying anything to that guy other than "have a nice ride man!".

Where is this? I'm guessing the midwest somewhere? Arkansas?

They aren't one of us.
Definitely smells like America ;)

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
sounds about white

I keep tellin y'all. Mountainbikers are horrible people now (props blopes, he was ahead of the curve long ago)

We need to ban full suspension and disc brakes for 4 years then see who's still around. Purge the rolls and start over.
narrow bars mandatory, flow trails forbidden.

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
sounds about white

I keep tellin y'all. Mountainbikers are horrible people now (props blopes, he was ahead of the curve long ago)

We need to ban full suspension and disc brakes for 4 years then see who's still around. Purge the rolls and start over.
I kind of felt compelled to say something similar, but my foggy memory seems to recall that there has always been folks that ride that exhibit dick tendencies. I'm frustrated at how diluted things have become as a whole, and thankfully there are still some un-neutered trails and true dirtbags. Perhaps the punter ratio has increased as the sport has become more popular???? I don't know. I really don't care. I just hope that when I'm an old man I don't need to sit down with my grandchildren and explain to the what off-camber, flat corners, or piste is to them....

On a somewhat related note. Funny how after the George Floyd killing 'industry folks' felt compelled to talk about inclusivity. Now a few months later you can head over to that other site and check out the latest 'across the pond beaver' $300 biking pants and $9000+ Rocky Mountain Youcouldbuyitcheaperifyouboughtthepartsindividually bike.

I suppose when the price of entry for a thing exceeds a certain threshold your kind of asking for the dick quotient to increase.

FlipSide

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Thats awesome.

There was a guy riding a homemade assisted DH bike at Mont Sainte Anne when I went a few weeks ago. Dude was ripping - I stopped to take a break and he flew by. Never did catch up to him.
I was there too that day! I also remember talking to a guy from Toronto on the way to the chairlift that day. I asked the guy if he was riding Blue Mountain. Maybe it was you?

We saw the guy on the assisted DH bike just after a nasty OTB on lower Vietnam. We helped him get upright and got going again. So much respect for that guy.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I was there too that day! I also remember talking to a guy from Toronto on the way to the chairlift that day. I asked the guy if he was riding Blue Mountain. Maybe it was you?

We saw the guy on the assisted DH bike just after a nasty OTB on lower Vietnam. We helped him get upright and got going again. So much respect for that guy.
That's cool, maybe it was me. There was three of is plus a girl riding...not always together. I was the guy on the silver Banshee Rune. Fat haha. Other guys were on a Glory and Ibis Ripmo AF.

I remember talking to two guys for a while walking up the hill.

Apparently that guy broke his back at Bromont. Gnarly!

FlipSide

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Everytime I see asshole mountainbikers, I think about you! You’ve been saying For years that mountain bikers are what’s wrong
That's cool, maybe it was me. There was three of is plus a girl riding...not always together. I was the guy on the silver Banshee Rune. Fat haha. Other guys were on a Glory and Ibis Ripmo AF.

I remember talking to two guys for a while walking up the hill.

Apparently that guy broke his back at Bromont. Gnarly!
Yes, I was one of the two guys, with the Devinci Spartan. Cool! :)

FlipSide

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Hahaha!!
Holy hell! I was not done typing! I stopped writing earlier today and I didn't realize it was still there when I quoted Canadmos. (I am new to this forum thing.)

The rest of the message was: You’ve been saying for years that mountain bikers are what’s wrong in mountain biking. It sort of stuck and I often say to myself "Wow, kidwoo is so right about that..." when I cross assholes mtbers.

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
so, I did some napkin math, and verified that the 9k model could be put together with eBay purchases (but full retail for the frame) for around $7500. Bargain!
Aren't their new frames ~$3500 frame only?

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
JHFC. When did this happen?? I always thought Rocky Mountain was the GT of Canada... they fancy themselves the Yeti of Canada?? :think:
When they realized they needed to subsidize E-bike development, because ultimately more people will buy expensive e-bikes in the long run than those stupid bikes that don't even come with a motor.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
JHFC. When did this happen?? I always thought Rocky Mountain was the GT of Canada... they fancy themselves the Yeti of Canada?? :think:
In the old days Rocky Mountain was on the same level as Yeti and Klein, at least in Germany. Funnily, vintage Rockys seem to be cheaper than the other two now.