Quantcast

This is what's wrong with The Industry™

Tantrum Cycles

Turbo Monkey
Jun 29, 2016
ride bikes fast because it stimulates teh adrenalines, etc. fuck paying money to do so. fuck wasting time for “practice runs,” “seeding runs,” etc. that money and time could have been better spent riding bikes, buying beer, drinking beer. that being said, teh monkey sez:
Part of my "thing" here is that a huge amount of industry people are there anyway. They have to be there. At a huge bicycle event. With lots of good riding.

And so many don't even ride.

Plus, if you're selling stuff to racers......

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
I'm not much into besting anyone other than myself. I utterly agree with cracking a beer after while asking why the fuck I ever started.
Oh true, I'm not likely to beat anyone. Hell given my physical condition and age difference, I consider finishing remotely close to my friends as good enough.

As for the beers, I was so focussed on those at the end of the TransNZ that I crossed the finish, got straight into the beers and completely forgot to scan out my timing chip. I had to email the organisers the next day to get them to download my times when I realised.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Racing should always be about beating your friends or - better yet, mocking them when their dubious component choices fail them.
After doing exactly zero races last year, a buddy and I are talking about doing an enduro or two this year, both on hardtails. As long as we're both comparably hungover, should be pretty even footing :D

Tantrum Cycles

Turbo Monkey
Jun 29, 2016
If you're thinking when you're racing, I think you're doing it wrong. :p
Well I NEVER said I was doing it right. And these days.....well. I do think too much. Last year at Sea Otter, on a particular washboard section, my base model xfusion fork was making my vision blur.

i had to THINK for a sec. And remember there was nothing in the way worth seeing anyway......

Did I mention it was my first race in over 10 yrs.

And that I hit fuckin*!@#$%^%&&#%@%$@@$ 60 last year

Well I NEVER said I was doing it right. And these days.....well. I do think too much. Last year at Sea Otter, on a particular washboard section, my base model xfusion fork was making my vision blur.

i had to THINK for a sec. And remember there was nothing in the way worth seeing anyway......

Did I mention it was my first race in over 10 yrs.

And that I hit fuckin*!@#$%^%&&#%@%$@@$ 60 last year
8/21/1945, punk kid!

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I've done the VT50 race once ... and I'll never do it again. I'd rather be hucking and eating shit 24 hours non-stop than climbing stupid jeep roads and then go down even stupider gravel roads, fall line up, fall line down, while avoiding entitled runners who don't comprehend the physics of fast going bikes. :crazy:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I've done the VT50 race once ... and I'll never do it again. I'd rather be hucking and eating shit 24 hours non-stop than climbing stupid jeep roads and then go down even stupider gravel roads, fall line up, fall line down, while avoiding entitled runners who don't comprehend the physics of fast going bikes. :crazy:
Sounds like user error

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
You mean the kind who can't tell right from left or understand basic language, such as "pass" or "stop"? We have a ton of those down here, I could probably export a few ones to preserve the species if you guys are short on supply up there...
VT50 is two races in one - runners and MTBers. At some point, they two packs merge and you deal with running racers who refuse to acknowledge that there are bikes on the same race track, sometimes going 30+MPH faster than the runners.

mrgto

Monkey
Aug 4, 2009
I do a yearly 12hr team race and it reminds me why I give no fuks about racing anymore. That plus usually by my 3rd lap I’m so drunk the dehydration cramps set in...

Tantrum Cycles

Turbo Monkey
Jun 29, 2016
Holy shite. This is serious. If you never here from me again, you'll know why.

I just got this email. no bullshit. The conspiracy is deeper than we ever though:

This is to officially inform Tantrum Cycles that a total of $3Million (Three Million United States Dollar has been donated to you by Halliburton Company.The Halliburton Company, an American multinational corporation, is one of the world's largest oil field service companies, with operations in more than 80 countries. You have been selected as one of the STAR prize winner. Kindly contact Ray Hendricks via email for more Information, Email: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxx.com Send your Name, Tel:, Address. Awaiting your reply.

Holy shite. This is serious. If you never here from me again, you'll know why.

I just got this email. no bullshit. The conspiracy is deeper than we ever though:

This is to officially inform Tantrum Cycles that a total of $3Million (Three Million United States Dollar has been donated to you by Halliburton Company.The Halliburton Company, an American multinational corporation, is one of the world's largest oil field service companies, with operations in more than 80 countries. You have been selected as one of the STAR prize winner. Kindly contact Ray Hendricks via email for more Information, Email: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxx.com Send your Name, Tel:, Address. Awaiting your reply.
All we need is your SSN and your bank account number and routing code...

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Fuck yeah, and don't let pedaling ruin your fun either. #EbikesForLife
Erm... you do realise an E-bikes won't power the rear wheel if you don't create pedalling cadence for the sensor to kick in?

And since when did anyone value the pedalling as the fun part of DH?

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Erm... you do realise an E-bikes won't power the rear wheel if you don't create pedalling cadence for the sensor to kick in?

And since when did anyone value the pedalling as the fun part of DH?
E-bikes are the new downhill bikes.

Tantrum Cycles

Turbo Monkey
Jun 29, 2016
dick cheney logged into the NSA. they know your favorite pizza toppings and everything.
The problem is that I am a USAF Vietnam era, central Nevada test range top secret security clearance medical experiment guinea pig VA hospital abused vet. They track my DNA.

I tried to hide in auto racing, out of the country. It worked for awhile....until we (racing) became the first non-military users of carbon. They started to track me down.

So I escaped into bicycles. That worked for a looonnnggg time. Until we started using carbon.....

See a trend here? CARBON is what's wrong with the bike industry...

I might have to escape permanently into the last realm, music. The nightlife ain't no good life, but it's my life......and I like it

But I still do love the smell of napalm in the morning. And methanol

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
The problem is that I am a USAF Vietnam era, central Nevada test range top secret security clearance medical experiment guinea pig VA hospital abused vet. They track my DNA.

I tried to hide in auto racing, out of the country. It worked for awhile....until we (racing) became the first non-military users of carbon. They started to track me down.

So I escaped into bicycles. That worked for a looonnnggg time. Until we started using carbon.....

See a trend here? CARBON is what's wrong with the bike industry...

I might have to escape permanently into the last realm, music. The nightlife ain't no good life, but it's my life......and I like it

But I still do love the smell of napalm in the morning. And methanol
Start making knifes or BBQ grills, they both lack crabonz and you'd be still dealing with metal.