Quantcast

This is what's wrong with The Industry™

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Some of the hate comes from some of their claims on performance and whatever gains. If I remember correctly, Hambini looked into some of their claims that some products were tested by 3rd parties. But they wouldn't offer up the 3rd party tester or results.

And also the extraordinary price of some of their stuff.

Also some of the naming...
I tried one of their rings early on. Didn't hold the chain for shit. Wolftooth and SRAM stock for me!

Electric_City

Torture wrench
Apr 14, 2007
Shimano and their fucking number system.

"I'm eager to ride CUES (U4000 & U6000), and even more eager to ride Deore M5130, but at this time my only LinkGlide experience is with XT M8130"

"CUES U6000 replaces Deore 10/11-speed HG and Deore 11-speed LG is going to murder the sale of Shimano's M5100 12-speed HG+ group."

What the FUCK did he just say?

sethimus

neu bizutch
Feb 5, 2006
not in Whistler anymore :/

"I'm eager to ride CUES (U4000 & U6000), and even more eager to ride Deore M5130, but at this time my only LinkGlide experience is with XT M8130"

"CUES U6000 replaces Deore 10/11-speed HG and Deore 11-speed LG is going to murder the sale of Shimano's M5100 12-speed HG+ group."

clear and exact

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Going to throw this in here tbh.

Riders want safer venues, better prize money etc, e.g. track walk they'll point out trees which should have padding on them.

Then they're willing to race the urban DH courses. Video title is clickbait, but there's not much safe about these courses.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Going to throw this in here tbh.

Riders want safer venues, better prize money etc, e.g. track walk they'll point out trees which should have padding on them.

Then they're willing to race the urban DH courses. Video title is clickbait, but there's not much safe about these courses.
to be fair, the crossover between urban dh racers and wc dh racers is pretty minimal...

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
Golf gloves better than dedicated mtb gloves?

I couldn't believe it. The feel, the traction, the second skin fit. No snot cloth tho. Guess I have my shirt for that :)

I saw a pic of racer on a pump track competition. And noticed his gloves said FJ. Which is golf. And white. Another giveaway. I play golf, I could use some "rain gloves" :) Totally happy with this investment.

Sweet Ass Gloves

Last edited:

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
I only play Karate Champ on a standup 80's style arcade machine (the one with two joy sticks). Would be good for that too.

Ebay says $3,789? I'd rather buy 1/2 of an ebike. :)

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Golf gloves better than dedicated mtb gloves?

I couldn't believe it. The feel, the traction, the second skin fit. No snot cloth tho. Guess I have my shirt for that :)

I saw a pic of racer on a pump track competition. And noticed his gloves said FJ. Which is golf. And white. Another giveaway. I play golf, I could use some "rain gloves" :) Totally happy with this investment.

Sweet Ass Gloves
But golf gloves are really expensive compared to riding gloves??

bikelurker

Chimp
Feb 19, 2023

"CUES U6000 replaces Deore 10/11-speed HG and Deore 11-speed LG is going to murder the sale of Shimano's M6100 12-speed HG+ group."

He made a typo, or brainz just give up with shimano nomeclature.

Right now there are 3 tier of deore level groups for sale, m4100 and m5100 (10 and 11 speed) will be replaced with cues U6000. And then he thougts that m6100 is about to get killed by the 11 speed deore lynkglide? Wich doesnt even exists per se (m5130 is 10s, m8130 is eleven, of course you can mix and match between them and with CUES so... But still, that rear derailleur is short cage, limited to 43t cog as per shimano)

But it was a good read anyway.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
HAHA! I know right? I have to laugh at myself for that. But the wife loves it, so happy wife, happy life. Plus the daughter is really good at it and she's only 8.

I didn't start the trend. The kid at the super fancy pump track race on Redbull TV started it. :)
Hey man whatever you are into, one of the biggest shredders I know loves golf, we make fun of him for it all the time!

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
i don’t get it? gloves always cost half a maxxis tire?
Surely that's the price of a whole Maxxis tyre in Garyland?
Just checked, the last Endura glove I bought was in 2018 and they were on special at 18AUD(50% off) from CRC.
The new ones would convert to around 98AUD, which is beyond TLD pricing, I thought Endura was an affordable no nonsense sorta brand?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Just checked, the last Endura glove I bought was in 2018 and they were on special at 18AUD(50% off) from CRC.
The new ones would convert to around 98AUD, which is beyond TLD pricing, I thought Endura was an affordable no nonsense sorta brand?
Bike industry:

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
In Gary'sWorld the only tyres you *need* are 26". And 26" Maxxis minions are still freely available at around £30 a tyre.
The mayor of GaryLand also believes its your own fucking fault if you've now found yourself paying through the nose for stupid 29" diameter mtb tyres.
Also. in GaryLand gloves are viewed as a sign of weakness. As is being a whiney cunt about your own poor choices.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
In Gary'sWorld the only tyres you *need* are 26". And 26" Maxxis minions are still freely available at around £30 a tyre.
The mayor of GaryLand also believes its your own fucking fault if you've now found yourself paying through the nose for stupid 29" diameter mtb tyres.
Also. in GaryLand gloves are viewed as a sign of weakness. As is being a whiney cunt about your own poor choices.
GARYS WORLD
HAGGIS TIME
EXCELLENT

1678375842282.png

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
1678757236625.png

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Don't think I have had a pair of gloves last more than 10-20 rides in the last 5 years without blowing out the tips of the thumbs and index finger. Pretty much where they would contact any shift/post/brake lever. The last pair was from TLD, looks like they warranty them for 3 years. If they actually stand by that they might as well send me a dozen or so at a time.

I usually end up just cutting off the ends of the thumbs and index fingers. At least that makes using a phone easy.

Don't think I have had a pair of gloves last more than 10-20 rides in the last 5 years without blowing out the tips of the thumbs and index finger. Pretty much where they would contact any shift/post/brake lever. The last pair was from TLD, looks like they warranty them for 3 years. If they actually stand by that they might as well send me a dozen or so at a time.

I usually end up just cutting off the ends of the thumbs and index fingers. At least that makes using a phone easy.
The same seems to apply to work gloves.