Quantcast

This is what's wrong with The Industry™

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
Team Associated or Team Losi?
Losi. Last I checked they kinda weren't in the game any more? I'll always remember reading an interview with the guy that started it up (he was the son of the dad) saying if he could have anything, it would be a full suspension mountain bike. This is like early 90's. I remember the brand or model was an insect. Like a Mantis or Preying Mantis? Something like that...It was probably 10 years after that I got MY first suspension MTB.

I was into the stadium trucks. 1/10th scale XT, LXT, I think were the trucks. Got into gas a bit. Then went to college. Then got into MTB. Always wanted a Shumacher 4wd. Not sure why, over a Kyosho. But yeah, good enginerding for sure.

Last edited:

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
add me to that list, those things are really fun. But, yeah, Leland is the expert- has a couple of them with many mods.
Where do you ride it? (if the answer incriminates you, feel free to not answer :)

I'm sure I could talk the wife into letting me get one, but moto legal trails are kinda far away from me. So I just stick to regular bikes and eebs. And 20min commute to trails rather than 2 hour.

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
Where do you ride it? (if the answer incriminates you, feel free to not answer :)

I'm sure I could talk the wife into letting me get one, but moto legal trails are kinda far away from me. So I just stick to regular bikes and eebs. And 20min commute to trails rather than 2 hour.
Anything on COtrex that's in the motorcycle filter, pretty much. That's the downside- the trail riding from the house doesn't allow Sur Rons. Most of the riding I do on it is in Chaffee county.

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
All right just to be clear here we are talking about a torx head that is 1.5 mm. Not a hex. If you don't have a 1.5 mm hex I'm sorry I can't help you but who the heck has a 1.5 torx which is a t6?! (It's the handle that is pointing to the t6 just to help out the visual. )Well luckily enough this little kit I picked up does and notice the glass of whiskey with the k on it for silent k :-) this is the only time I've used it. And it was for a fox digital shock pump. Yes both the Canadian whiskey, glass, and pump helped create this post :$
PXL_20230321_234048836.jpg

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
All right just to be clear here we are talking about a torx head that is 1.5 mm. Not a hex.
The battery in my digital shock pump appears to have gone flat.

It has 4x 1.5mm hex bolts holding on the cover. Who the hell has a 1.5mm hex tool??

If I can't wedge a torx in there it's likely not getting a new battery.
Hey at least it wasn't a T6 security bit just to be more shitty haha... I've seen security bits used a couple times now (thanks Hope) and its just unnecessary

Electric_City

Torture wrench
Apr 14, 2007
I want a Losi DBXL-E 2.0 really bad.
Losi. Last I checked they kinda weren't in the game any more? I'll always remember reading an interview with the guy that started it up (he was the son of the dad) saying if he could have anything, it would be a full suspension mountain bike. This is like early 90's. I remember the brand or model was an insect. Like a Mantis or Preying Mantis? Something like that...It was probably 10 years after that I got MY first suspension MTB.

I was into the stadium trucks. 1/10th scale XT, LXT, I think were the trucks. Got into gas a bit. Then went to college. Then got into MTB. Always wanted a Shumacher 4wd. Not sure why, over a Kyosho. But yeah, good enginerding for sure.
When I was into it in the 90's we built out own track in the woods and my neighbor had one too. I had a Monster Beetle and an RC10T. My buddy had a Clod Buster and the RC10. My neighbor had a Losi equivalent of the RC10 and 2 Kyosho's. Much like you though, riding took over and I haven't touched a controller in decades.

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
All right just to be clear here we are talking about a torx head that is 1.5 mm. Not a hex. If you don't have a 1.5 mm hex I'm sorry I can't help you but who the heck has a 1.5 torx which is a t6?! (It's the handle that is pointing to the t6 just to help out the visual. )Well luckily enough this little kit I picked up does and notice the glass of whiskey with the k on it for silent k :-) this is the only time I've used it. And it was for a fox digital shock pump. Yes both the Canadian whiskey, glass, and pump helped create this post :$View attachment 191267
Sorry, this one then.

20230322_071632.jpg

FlipSide

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Those things look like a lot of fun. I added an Arrma Fireteam to the collection a few months ago; the thing is ridiculous.
I have a Kraton 6S, Vorteks 3S and Granite 3S myself.

The Arrma 6S line is very easy and fun to work on. From what I understand, these are far from the level of refinement the racing kits can offer, but bashers can be a lot of fun too! :)

djjohnr

Turbo Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Northern California
I have a Kraton 6S, Vorteks 3S and Granite 3S myself.

The Arrma 6S line is very easy and fun to work on. From what I understand, these are far from the level of refinement the racing kits can offer, but bashers can be a lot of fun too! :)
I have some 1/14 kit-based track vehicles (LC Racing lwb buggy, truggy and SCT) from when I built a track in my side yard during covid lockdown. There are more setup adjustments for going fast around a track, but they're less fun off track unless you've got a 1/8 truggy or larger. I have more fun running on natural terrain with the Fireteam; we have open space right behind our neighborhood so my son and I just mark out our own courses with hill climbs, drops, fireroad gaps etc. That said I'm tempted to build a Tekno ET48.

FlipSide

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
I have some 1/14 kit-based track vehicles (LC Racing lwb buggy, truggy and SCT) from when I built a track in my side yard during covid lockdown. There are more setup adjustments for going fast around a track, but they're less fun off track unless you've got a 1/8 truggy or larger. I have more fun running on natural terrain with the Fireteam; we have open space right behind our neighborhood so my son and I just mark out our own courses with hill climbs, drops, fireroad gaps etc. That said I'm tempted to build a Tekno ET48.
Yeah! I've been tempted by at Tekno ET48 or a TLR 8IGHT-XTE too. They seem to be really nice kits.

However, my son's interest in RC cars has declined a lot last year and I fear spare parts management can become increasingly problematic if I was to have cars from multiple brands. Unless anything change, the fleet will eventually get sold or will remain unchanged.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Internal gear boxes with belt drives will eventually win out due to e-bikes and no one caring about efficiency. I wouldn't have said this 5 years ago, but seeing the direction of e-bikes, I think this is inevitable at this point. Chain drivetrains will be phased out.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Internal gear boxes with belt drives will eventually win out due to e-bikes and no one caring about efficiency. I wouldn't have said this 5 years ago, but seeing the direction of e-bikes, I think this is inevitable at this point. Chain drivetrains will be phased out.
just wait until i introduce my supercharged mag-loc (PATENTED) belt drive. no teeth, no links to wear out...just tiny, tiny, but glorious superstrong MAGNETS in the belt and cogs.