Quantcast

This is what's wrong with The Industry™

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Power data metrics can actually be quite handy while riding an Ebike. So long as it gives an accurate display of rider and motor power output.

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Power data metrics can actually be quite handy while riding an Ebike. So long as it gives an accurate displays the rider and motor power output.
I would actually like to know those data. Shimano knows. But they do not release it from their STEPS black box

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Power data metrics can actually be quite handy while riding an Ebike. So long as it gives an accurate display of rider and motor power output.
But why would you need a bolt on power meter on an Ebike? They already have torque sensors to determine how much power to send to the motor.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
But why would you need a bolt on power meter on an Ebike? They already have torque sensors to determine how much power to send to the motor.
I didn't mention bolting on anything.
As you've realised all decent mid drive motors already have the relevant sensors to give power data. To what accuracy will depend on the motor. And availability of that data down is to the manufacturer.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
There's no way I'd purchase a stand alone power meter of any sort for any of my bikes but my fazua powered Eeb's power data is mapped to the power metric on my garmin. Coz. Why not?
I ride it with no assistance more than with tho.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
there's nothing radder than justifying your purchase of an ebike to the masses by claiming you don't really use it, and instead just use it as a much heavier than necessary pedal bike.

Like that tacoma I got that I push to work....
I like to ride a tandem with no other rider

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I have to admit the first time I saw a Bakfiets I thought it was a porta-coffin kind of bike. Like you would crash, and the coffin would already be there for you to be buried in it.
I test rode one of those. Handling was too weird. Mine is a conventional longtail instead.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
there's nothing radder than justifying your purchase of an ebike to the masses by claiming you don't really use it, and instead just use it as a much heavier than necessary pedal bike.
"The masses"? :rofl::rofl:

I've never needed to justify any purchase with anyone I actually know. Nevermind 12 internet forum users.

Ps. I've no idea what a tacoma is

Last edited:

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
I'd prefer a Hilux over a Taco TuRD Brodozer, but americans demand extra tall and long hoods and other aesthetic modifications. The long and tall hood looks extra tough when combined with a 4' bed to show off that you don't actually do any work with the truck, and that extra 18" of empty space in front of the radiator is key for intimidating folks when stuck in traffic!

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
americans demand extra tall and long hoods and other aesthetic modifications. The long and tall hood looks extra tough when combined with a 4' bed to show off that you don't actually do any work with the truck, and that extra 18" of empty space in front of the radiator is key for intimidating folks when stuck in traffic!
...and sneering at folk passing them while pushing a chain around the cranks of a bicycle. Even more so if it has a tiny little 250w motor?

gotcha :thumb:

Electric_City

Torture wrench
Apr 14, 2007
The fact that when a DH bike uses 4" of its 8" the seat still gets shredded by the rear wheel. To stop this you need a full length seat post and can only ride seated.