Quantcast

This is what's wrong with The Industry™

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
you mean like the bikers wanted to ride in the mountains and clogged up the hiker‘s trails?
Before our trails were drying out there was one-game in town, "the bluff", a network of short trails on the edge of the inlet that got blasted by sun and wind to melt out first. Man there were some selfish as **** hikers and runners on there that thought they owned the f*cking trails. One guy last week gave me no time, he was running, I was at the bottom of a little dip, I stopped, he didn't give me any time to move over, my 780 handlebar went into his side as he tried to run past, rather than stop like me and figure it out...so he went down on the steep side, swearing and yelling at me about how I shouldn't be on the trail...haha. It felt pretty good, not gunna lie.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Are the fork arch mudguard bolt drillings not in exactly the same place they were on pre-bleed port forks?
If so. Just bolt on one of the older style RRP/Mudhugger bolt on front fenders

Or even easier, just snip off the bleed port fixings on your Fox guard

Last edited:

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Looks Swiss. We don't really need to know what it is. We already know it'll be perfect

Last edited:

daisycutter

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2006
New York City
Swiss start-up Mornera has developed a new bike seat – or 'sit device', or a 'bike board' as it interchangeably calls its creation – crafted utilising artificial intelligence (AI) to the max. DAIMON, the brand's first "gluteal bike saddle", promises to revolutionise "the well-being of every mindful biker", with an AI-based saddle design that is quite far from anything we've ever seen before.

vivisectxi

Monkey
Jan 14, 2021
yeast van
ok...

A HEALTHIER AND BETTER CHOICEBORN TO SUSTAIN YOU

DAIMON is born within MORNERA AI LAB from a fact: convention interstitial bike saddles are quite uncomfortable, and potentially noxious for health. MORNERA solves the issue of comfort by means of artificial intelligence, transferring in full the sitting area from the pelvic region to the sub-gluteal area, introducing a flex rail and creating a protective cot to ischial bones. Apart from being more comfortable, DAIMON is also healthier than any conventional saddles.
The difference between DAIMON and conventional saddles is both structural, functional and material. DAIMON is not a static interstitial saddle, but an open and dynamic sit surface. You can bike for hundreds of kilometres without any diseases, free from any risk of congestion of your pelvic region, with full relief of any compressions and total ischial bones protection. If you don’t feel ready to definitely ride on DAIMON, use it occasionally to give relief to your pelvic region and perineal and pudendal nerves.
Even sporadic use of DAIMON allows for enormous benefits: instant relief from any physical discomfort associated with congestion in the perineum area; absorption of back forces, freedom of posture; greater power on pedals. A regular and constant use of DAIMON reliefs your perineal and pudendal nerves, tones your gluteal muscles and strengthens your back core with simultaneous benefit of the body trunk.

vivisectxi

Monkey
Jan 14, 2021
yeast van
while i can kinda/sorta understand the logic in supporting only the sit bones & not abusing the perineal region, the potential for snagging this thing & dying whilst attempting to slide off the back seems high. these bros, not dissuaded:

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
Ever since Chris porter started pushing the nose down saddle aesthetic I’ve feared this day would come.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
Yall really like having your seat smashed into your perineum and balls while pedaling? Like I run nose up on my DH bike for a variety of obvious reasons, but are we really giving people on pedal bikes shit for not wanting to crush their junk and calling it what's wrong with the industry?

That abomination of a saddle aside anyway. That presser reads like a mentally handicapped finance bro's wet dream, they managed to incorporate fucking "AI" into "we built a dumbfuck saddle"

Companies valuation is probably like 8.4 billion with 4 saddles sold.

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
The fallacy lies in the assumption an AI is somehow better than humans at picking stuff, when in reality it's heavily dependent on the data it was fed on (usually, too little because preselection takes time and model refining means moar money), the selection criteria (and therefore, the bias) built in by whoever designed it, and finally on the constraints it's presented with.

Because let's be honest, this is far from being intelligent design (even by catholic standards). It's just a poor algorithm trying to find something that pleases its creators to keep their attention.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Remote lockout rear shock.... Gross.
That's a Spur right? Their XC bike, set up like an XC race bike. For bigger XC races it's definitely not critical, I can deal with flipping a lever on the shock, but for shorter ones, it's nice to have to maximize sections. The main issue is that the XC damping tends to suck a lot due to high preload on the shimz so they can give you that "lock" in the first place, rather than just a quick-adjustment LSC range deal or similar that might move a tiny bit more.

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
I'll be adding Fox bleeder washers to my toolbox this season. It sucks that you can't remove the fender without replacing it with washers. Twice I've gone to Crested Butte and forgotten that their lift doesn't work with Fox fenders. You have to tell the lifty each time so they set your bike on a chair instead of using the rack. Sounds like this will become more common.
Yeah man. That struggle at CB is real. I had a different fork and different fender at the time, so it didn't effect me, but at least they put up a sign about it. And I'm like what? Is this a thang?

My ohlins fender, I'm pretty sure, was made off a 3d printer. And I can bolt it. You could also just get a plastic 3 ring binder and cut your own fender and use fancy zip ties. Fancy being optional but optimal :D