Quantcast

This is what's wrong with The Industry™

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
The fallacy lies in the assumption an AI is somehow better than humans at picking stuff, when in reality it's heavily dependent on the data it was fed on (usually, too little because preselection takes time and model refining means moar money), the selection criteria (and therefore, the bias) built in by whoever designed it, and finally on the constraints it's presented with.

Because let's be honest, this is far from being intelligent design (even by catholic standards). It's just a poor algorithm trying to find something that pleases its creators to keep their attention.
Oh man 10 out of 10 (I don't say 100%, cuz it's tacky :)

I've done some of this AI tech. It's such jackassery (fukaboutary?). But when Marketing/Sales funds your budgets and goals....fukeneh.

But what can you do?

Try to make things better.

Progress, not perfection.

Patience.

Keep on it.

Good will prevail in the end.

All the things.

Go ride your bike at break neck speeds and have fun.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Should have bought a generic Chinese one from Ali, this one is a piece of shit for 3X the price.
The edge of the back piece grinds on the orange piece, needs a different design or a washer between the two pieces.
1717987989602.png

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
TRP/tektro customer support seems to be accessible via a chat window that won’t validate the captcha. As such, the cheap part I need to get fixed on a commuter brake lever assembly will warrant a whole new lever.

Unnecessary waste and expense.

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
I ended up emailing and got a response and link to the correct spare part. Shipping and the spare part costs more than a whole new lever assembly though.