Quantcast

This is what's wrong with The Industry™

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
Ive faced slammed a boulder and diidnt even touch the helmet, was lightly concussed. I tipped over in an MX race so slowly in a mips helmet, was lights out properly. Small crossrut off a slow double with a fluid-inside and same, lights out.
I rained from the clouds in a huge steep dirtjump when a huge gust took me, stoved my mips heltmet to pieces and had no issue, apart from whiplash and AC joint. Loads of highsides and earth/skies in all manor of helmets.
Ive determined the skulls a helmet, so putting the skull in a helmet is a huge help. And slow speed blunt hits are the worst.
Running a mouthgaurd is probably more useful than mips, fluid inside. I believe i wouldve been Ok if i had a mouthguard.

side note- partial knockouts/bell ringers are the worst long term affecting. Lights out is actually a defense mechanism.
Not crashing is the safest…
Yeah man, I've been there. Like literally all the things.

Even listening to the ways that the brain heals is different ways due to the type of injury. Slow v hard.

It's so bad I have to remind the wife that "I'm a racer. I may not exactly do what you think I should do."

She drives the family car a lot more now. HA

Not sure what's best.

When you figure it out, please let us know :)