Quantcast

This is what's wrong with The Industry™

Lelandjt

adorbs
Apr 4, 2008
Breckenridge, CO/Lahaina,HI
Alright, so this is my own fault. Not charging an AXS seatpost battery. But....why do you need a proprietary charger?!?! Can't we just use across industry standards and just a an USB type C? FFS SRAM. Get your shit together.

So I'm up in Breckinridge. Seatpost isn't working. Even tho it did down in home town, we'll call it the front range. Now it doesn't work.

Glad I noticed this on a play day with my 10 y/o cuz If I went to Keystone and I couldn't put the seat down, I wouldn't be happy.

Cuz I didn't bring that ridiculous proprietary charger. FFS. To top top it off, there was a shop in Breck that was full on "Yeah we can't charge that for you" Like seriously?! Glad I found a shop that could charge me up. Next to a pizza place. So the day was salvageable, but still.

SRAM, AXS, Battery charging. You can fuck the fuck off.
Next time go into Avalanche Sports. It's the only real bike shop in Breck. They ("we" if I'm there) will be happy to throw it on the charger. We also keep chargers and batteries in stock cuz plenty of visiting MTBers need one or the other.
Of all the shop employees only one actually owns AXS stuff and we still make fun of him for when his brand new AXS seatpost remote fell off while driving to Moab, so he had to do the whole trip with his seat up. Sram shifters coming loose and falling off has been a long time thing, but they used to be left hanging by the shift cable.

It sounds like what you're asking for is the charger to be built into the battery so you can just plug a USB-C cord into the battery. That would add bulk & weight. It's not gonna happen.

Last edited:

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
Next time go into Avalanche Sports. It's the only real bike shop in Breck. They ("we" if I'm there) will be happy to throw it on the charger. We also keep chargers and batteries in stock cuz plenty of visiting MTBers need one or the other.
Of all the shop employees only one actually owns AXS stuff and we still make fun of him for when his brand new AXS seatpost remote fell off while driving to Moab, so he had to do the whole trip with his seat up. Sram shifters coming loose and falling off has been a long time thing, but they used to be left hanging by the shift cable.

It sounds like what you're asking for is the charger to be built into the battery so you can just plug a USB-C cord into the battery. That would add bulk & weight. It's not gonna happen.
Yeah, Avalanche is where I ended up

Nice guy from Minniesooota hooked me up. Bought a tee for the thanks.

Got a pie and a beer next door from Northside. While he charged it. Ymmy. They are always good too.

Well, I guess the lesson learned here is to keep one of these stupid chargers in your bike bag. Just in case. And ensure your shifter/levers are tight. Thanks SRAM. Keep on killing it.

This is just my rant on "You can do better, industry".

Avalanche Sports and Northside? They're killing it :D

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
Too much trail hiking in shoes that were a 1/2 size too small.
That said, it’s real common among skiers. ‘Boot Bang’.
Yeah, I've had that.

Boot bang is real. Skiing, hiking. Well, probably applicable to anything sports. Ahh the things we do....

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
y'all need to get better ski boot fitters if your toes are like that

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
This isn't really what's what's wrong with the industry but it's more about the industry than feet, soooooo.
What's the point of making a low ish stack height stem if you have to run spacers?
1726478644678.png

That's what I get for not just buying another Profile Helm.

Lelandjt

adorbs
Apr 4, 2008
Breckenridge, CO/Lahaina,HI
Yeah, Avalanche is where I ended up

Nice guy from Minniesooota hooked me up. Bought a tee for the thanks.

Got a pie and a beer next door from Northside. While he charged it. Ymmy. They are always good too.

Well, I guess the lesson learned here is to keep one of these stupid chargers in your bike bag. Just in case. And ensure your shifter/levers are tight. Thanks SRAM. Keep on killing it.

This is just my rant on "You can do better, industry".

Avalanche Sports and Northside? They're killing it :D
Good to hear the North shop did okay. That's our rental location next to the gondola and sometimes doesn't have all the parts or the most knowledgeable employees. Our "real" shop is at the south end of town by the Brewery.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007

No explanation needed
I mean, I honestly admire the gumption. This sales pitch is analogous to the "I think you have a room temperature IQ. I'm going to give you a shitty 3d printed dohicky in exchange for an outrageous amount of money. It will provide you no benefit. Give me all of your money" pitch. If they can make the average biker have less money to throw at Fox for their latest e-suspension, or sram for their latest electronic garbage, its a net benefit for me.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I mean, I honestly admire the gumption. This sales pitch is analogous to the "I think you have a room temperature IQ. I'm going to give you a shitty 3d printed dohicky in exchange for an outrageous amount of money. It will provide you no benefit. Give me all of your money" pitch. If they can make the average biker have less money to throw at Fox for their latest e-suspension, or sram for their latest electronic garbage, its a net benefit for me.
i'm not convinced that's not a troll.

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
I imagine you’ll be able to purchase these with an absolute black chainring and jockey wheels for the ultimate in micro gains.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

If you could trim it you could use it like a sail and get some thrust in crosswinds.

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
I'm a little curious here. More details?
I spent yesterday kitesurfing, then doping (bong in the van), then trail riding so you're in my wheelhouse.
Trying to find a good source online is less helpful than I thought it’d be, but Jay Petervary is long rumoured to be (and openly accused of being) a serial cheat, with his use of a sail being used in a Great Basin Ride event.