Quantcast

This is what's wrong with The Industry™

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
For $10 as litlle as $25* plus shipping, this surprisingly light, eco-friendly, portable stand could be yours! Don't risk endangering Mother Nature by touching it with some dirty, unbiodegradable plastic poor substitute, when your could have TAH REAALZ THING™!

Call now, our operators are standing by!!!

*@jonkranked suggested retail price.
Organic and free-range!
Dip those things in some hemp oil based varnish and I bet you really could sell them for $40

hipster.JPG

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I'm not here to defend SRAM, but friction and heat are two good reasons. Sure there's some overlap but they are different brakes for different applications.
Got the pads for the lady friends bike. Every where I looked had Code and Guide pads separate.

The packaging on these have both the Code and Guide logos. :twitch:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
All joking aside, esports is a big business with the global economy expected to top $1 billion this year for the first time

You guys are looking at this all wrong. I mean you've seen the new wave of mountainbiking that started about 4-5 years ago. Shit flow trails, shit riders taking lessons on how to hold their elbows out, not understanding that they're not really going fast enough to need increased leverage.........29ers, fanny packs.

I want them all inside, away from me, out of my way, and off their fucking instagram accounts talking about the sick new trails they should be shutting up about while feeling #blessed. Get the fuck out of the woods, away from my camping spots with your fucking vanlife, and back in your living room. PLEASE!

Last edited:

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
See, this is why you should wear a camelback, then you can fashion a makeshift harness to get you to the closest lift tower.

fwp

Monkey
Jun 5, 2013
All joking aside, esports is a big business with the global economy expected to top $1 billion this year for the first time

You guys are looking at this all wrong. I mean you've seen the new wave of mountainbiking that started about 4-5 years ago. Shit flow trails, shit riders taking lessons on how to hold their elbows out, not understanding that they're not really going fast enough to need increased leverage.........29ers, fanny packs.

I want them all inside, away from me, out of my way, and off their fucking instagram accounts talking about the sick new trails they should be shutting up about while feeling #blessed. Get the fuck out of the woods, away from my camping spots with your fucking vanlife, and back in your living room. PLEASE!
Wow
AMEN

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Well how he got on a lift that was about to be shut off is one thing... I'm fairly certain that Bromont follows standard lift operating principles that other ski hills use, its not like its a small hill with no rules.

But even lets say, for some oddball reason that he legitimately got on the chair lift and they stopped it for the day. Why would you wait only 15 minutes before deciding to climb up the chair and attempt to traverse the cable to the next pylon? This happened in August, its not like the guy was in danger of being frozen alive or anything.

Reading the court document, it mentions his bike was hung on hooks on the next chair. This suggests he was on the "main" side of the hill, of which is popular for bikers and hikers. The hooks also suggest he was on the slow lift, which passes through the entrance of the alpine slide...where there are attendants who ride the chair lift back down.

Now granted I'm not saying that Bromont's reasoning of "he should have waited for the hikers" as a valid reason to not do something about the situation..........but yeah, he should have waited.

Also riding alone, near closing at a large bike park with no phone or anything seems silly.

Majority of the comments on PB all seem to point this way as well.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I did get stuck on a lift at the end of the day snowboarding at beech mountain in north carolina eons ago. This was way before cell phones were a thing. About 2 hours before someone realized I and the person behind me were still up there. And it was January. It was fucking cold. But there's a benefit to beech being about the size of a zit.

It does happen. No mountain in north america pays lifties enough to give a shit.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Now granted I'm not saying that Bromont's reasoning of "he should have waited for the hikers" as a valid reason to not do something about the situation..........but yeah, he should have waited.
this operates under the assumption that he would reasonably expect to see hikers on their way down.

Also riding alone, near closing at a large bike park with no phone or anything seems silly.
i know enough people that have ridden bike parks with a phone in their pocket that have also broken said phone as a result of riding said bike park that i, and plenty of others, don't carry phones in our pockets when riding in bike parks.