Quantcast

This is what's wrong with The Industry™

sethimus

neu bizutch
Feb 5, 2006
not in Whistler anymore :/
this operates under the assumption that he would reasonably expect to see hikers on their way down.

i know enough people that have ridden bike parks with a phone in their pocket that have also broken said phone as a result of riding said bike park that i, and plenty of others, don't carry phones in our pockets when riding in bike parks.
just carry it in your fanny pack

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
this operates under the assumption that he would reasonably expect to see hikers on their way down.

i know enough people that have ridden bike parks with a phone in their pocket that have also broken said phone as a result of riding said bike park that i, and plenty of others, don't carry phones in our pockets when riding in bike parks.
Yes very true about breaking a phone while riding. But, it seems fairly risky to me to be riding alone, near closing, in a bike park. They don't sweep the trails at the end of the day.

And yes that operates under the assumption that he'd see hikers or someone else. But also operating under the assumption that he won't die or break bones by just sitting there and waiting for help sounds logical to me. His friend Felix was also waiting for him, from what I can tell. It should be safe to assume if his friend never showed up after they closed, he might go looking for him or call for help?

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Even Alyeska sweeps, but I believe there is a procedure the lifties use at closing to ensure the last loaded person departs at the top. I was up on the hill at the end a few weekends ago as I was enjoying using tire plugs and they had the sweepers positioned. I don’t believe they actually go down every trail, but all of the ones where someone would presumably drag their body to.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
What part of this is wrong with the bike industry? Are you guys saying the lift-assisted mountains (many under regular threat of closure) should do more to protect people from this kind of thing?

Or is this what's wrong with the legal and health care industries?

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
What part of this is wrong with the bike industry? Are you guys saying the lift-assisted mountains (many under regular threat of closure) should do more to protect people from this kind of thing?

Or is this what's wrong with the legal and health care industries?
maybe it’s just me, but I think the park shouldn’t just shut down the lifts with people on the chairs and the employees go home.

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
Back to e-bike road racing, we just had confirmation it's as fucked up as regular road racing:

I cannot believe the asshats on top of any cycling association are colluding with this nonsense. For fucks sake, biking is all about being OUTSIDE. And now, they even have e-juicing for the indoor pedaler.

Electric_City

Torture wrench
Apr 14, 2007
Back to e-bike road racing, we just had confirmation it's as fucked up as regular road racing:

I cannot believe the asshats on top of any cycling association are colluding with this nonsense. For fucks sake, biking is all about being OUTSIDE. And now, they even have e-juicing for the indoor pedaler.
I'm confused. Isn't this E-E-bike racing and not just E-bike racing?

Electric_City

Torture wrench
Apr 14, 2007
"EWS-E will offer a new format of enduro racing that features both technical climbs and descents"

Isn't that called XC?

"This new format will retain the core values of existing Enduro World Series races but held on separate courses that will challenge riders on a vast variety... driving forwards the development of e-bike technology and e-bike trail management and design."

Fuck you assholes

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
"EWS-E will offer a new format of enduro racing that features both technical climbs and descents"

Isn't that called XC?

"This new format will retain the core values of existing Enduro World Series races but held on separate courses that will challenge riders on a vast variety... driving forwards the development of e-bike technology and e-bike trail management and design."

Fuck you assholes

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

fwp

Monkey
Jun 5, 2013
Don't compare those gamers to the... I don't know what to call them. Those gamer's have a shitload of teamwork, skill, and are hypercompetitive at what they do. The other group is... I don't know how to describe them. Failed athletes who couldn't compete at a real sport?
Thats why they started the Crossfit games and tough mudders

FlipSide

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Either one. Even shitty imba flow trails are less lame than SPARTAn!!!!! and crossfit

maybe
Don't piss on the crossfit people. They are a weird bunch, but they like moving/carrying heavy things around, they don't care whether their efforts serve a purpose or not, and you don't have to pay them to do it :wacko:.

All very desirable things for trail building... Perfect symbiotic relationship IMO. (Just don't drink their protein shakes...)

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Don't piss on the crossfit people. They are a weird bunch, but they like moving/carrying heavy things around, they don't care whether their efforts serve a purpose or not, and you don't have to pay them to do it :wacko:.

All very desirable things for trail building... Perfect symbiotic relationship IMO. (Just don't drink their protein shakes...)
Well....yeah, that's why I said it. Instead of doing something productive, they're PAYING MONEY to out kettle bell each other in a stinky gym indoors. Training for something presumably outdoors at some point. Like tough mudder or SPARTA!!!!

In the meantime getting people to come outside to actually do something like build a trail is like pulling teeth.