Torture wrench
Apr 14, 2007
We'll have to start over I guess.

Derailleur hangers.
DH-'Oh18 is next! Derailleur hangers will become a standard much like iscg-Oh5

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
Levy the Licking Lizurd said:
Levy: When it comes to steel spokes and traditional wheel design, the consensus is that the more spokes there are, the more the load is spread out across each spoke and over the diameter of the rim. Why does Spengle use three carbon "spokes" instead of four, five, or some other number?

Cox: To some extent that consensus is correct, but within the beauty of the monocoque’s tri-blade design comes the evolution of wheel technology. We have looked to the simplicity in mathematics and nature to produce this design, the prime number of 3 being the ultimate reduction of the chaos of a traditional spoked wheel. Rather than relying on 28 spokes, we have effectively created a wheel with tens of thousands of spokes, the strands of carbon doing that conventional job of dispersing the load.

Instead of coping on an individual level, the carbon fibers act in unison as a pressure release system throughout the entire monocoque structure. But why three? Three allows us to produce a wheel that helps to cope with Newton’s third law (equal and opposite reaction etc. ). Effectively what we are saying is that when a spoked wheel interacts with the ground, it is passing that force straight back up to the rider, but by using the tri-blade monocoque we are spreading that force away from the rider, giving them a smoother, more comfortable ride.

Because 90's are SO FUCKING In FASHION NOW.

These things were repellent back in the day.

They still do.

PS: 2 is the smallest natural prime number you egghead!

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC
My favorite from the trispoke people:

"We see ourselves in the same mold as a Tesla or an iPhone in this manner; in two years time, we are aiming for people to look at spokes and consider them to be the odd-looking wheels. Just consider how the mobile phone looked before the iPhone! Yes, there were other touch-screen devices out there already, but they were ugly and ill-considered affairs. A decade later and you’ll struggle to even find an old-fashioned device anymore, such is the ubiquity of the touchscreen. Simply put, our aim is to be considered entirely normal, and people will look at a spoked wheel with curiosity."

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog

"We see ourselves in the same mold as a Tesla or an iPhone in this manner; in two years time, we are aiming for people to look at spokes and consider them to be the odd-looking wheels. Just consider how the mobile phone looked before the iPhone! Yes, there were other touch-screen devices out there already, but they were ugly and ill-considered affairs. A decade later and you’ll struggle to even find an old-fashioned device anymore, such is the ubiquity of the touchscreen. Simply put, our aim is to be considered entirely normal, and people will look at a spoked wheel with curiosity."
That part made my laugh as well...easy there guy.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

Actually, reality is mundane enough.

Mike Vandeman is an elderly gentleman who makes up his own fake research to discredit mountainbikers as a legitimate user group because he doesn't like them. And he got arrested for cutting a bike rider with a saw a few years ago and lost his job at AT&T because of it.

And he's still doing this shit.............:rofl:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Actually, reality is mundane enough.

Mike Vandeman is an elderly gentleman who makes up his own fake research to discredit mountainbikers as a legitimate user group because he doesn't like them. And he got arrested for cutting a bike rider with a saw a few years ago and lost his job at AT&T because of it.

And he's still doing this shit.............:rofl:
And he's been doing this shit since the early 90's. He's a certifiable nut case. My fear is that he does ego search and finds this thread. :panic: :panic:

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/

So we see ourselves in the same mold as a company or a product? Maybe I'm a dog and maybe I'm a smell? Makes sense. Needs more words like Quantum in their press relese bs. Maybe a Deepak Chopra review.

'size

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2007
AZ
look at all these fvcking "standards" of how to figure out what BB you need depending on what cranks and frame you have. just look. what the serious fvck people.

never forget...

Electric_City

Torture wrench
Apr 14, 2007
look at all these fvcking "standards" of how to figure out what BB you need depending on what cranks and frame you have. just look. what the serious fvck people.

never forget...
That list has at least tripled.

Since yesterday.