Quantcast

This is what's wrong with The Industry™

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Yeah I understand salty air increases corrosion rates but "coastal air" is a shitty excuse since I doubt you would have a noticeable effect even if you only rode on seaside cliffs.
Deadset. I live like 30km from the coast and my car and no other bolts on my bike have ever had an issue. Chain is fine also. Cheap crappy bolts.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia

Skip to the 6 minute mark. This kinda passing call is just massively dickish. mid-pack Youtube celeb guys going this hardcore are just wow.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
WTF, it’s a shimano 9/10/11spd freehub mech, it’s literally the most common and you know they break, how the f*ck do multiple shops not have this in stock?!! And only one size of rim tape, because tubeless rims apparently only come in one size, but we have 8 different kinds of Mr Tuffy liners!

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Welp, 4 shops later and I have verified there is an endless supply of 8/9/10 QR shimano freehubs.

captainspauldin

intrigued by a pole
May 14, 2007
Jersey Shore
i'm going on the assumption dude was on an e-bike? or else he attended Ballstrongs School of Doping
Nah, he's just in the back of the pack of the BC Bike Race (I think he missed his start time and had to go near the back the pack). BKXC has basically the same video pulling the same sketchy pass maneuvers (almost took one dude out). Oh right, nevermind I dunno what you guys are talking about I don't watch these dumb mtb youtoooberz.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Spy shots, spy shots are what's wrong today

Publishing "spy shots" the day before the press releases, which were probably written 3 weeks ago and just held back under embargo.

"The facts and details won't land in my inbox for a few more days, but that shouldn't stop us from making some semi-educated guesses."

Why guess? Just ask Kazimer, he already rode the fuckin' thing.

And the Derpalized...

"We'll have to wait and see if the all-new Enduro, if that's what we're looking at here, gets the same more, more, more, and more treatment as well."

You fuckwits know exactly what you're looking at, again, does Levi not have Kazimer's phone number or something? Quit pretending these are "spy shots"

Last edited:

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
just part of the game. you want review bikes, you gotta abide by the embargo. anything spotted in public is fair game, and the speculation generates hype / clicks / reader engagement. can't blame pb, really. it's just business.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
My beef isn't with the embargo, it's the stupid spy shots within 48 hours of the official launch. Everybody at Pinkbike knows exactly what those "mystery" frames are, and knows they they have a full write up complete with test rides and pricing being released in about 20 minutes, but post pics and plays stupid anyway.

The manufacturers bring camo frames to Crankworks where they plan to debut the thing is equally dumb.

Make newsworthy bikes and people will care, cut the shit with the fake hype.

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
oh for sure it's all an orchestrated routine. it's so transparent that it only warrants a shrug from me these days i guess. the marketing machine generates hype through whatever mechanisms necessary.

chris_f

Monkey
Jun 20, 2007
First time I actually remember seeing spyshots of a secret bike was a potato-cam picture of an annoyed-looking Wade Simmons with an unmarked 1st gen RM Flatline prototype. That was actually kind of exciting, because it was far from release and it looked like nothing else they (or anyone else for that matter) made at the time.

imbecile

Chimp
Sep 9, 2008
Bulgaria
Marketing's wrong with the industry....so you put 6900 ball bearings, call them ROLLER bearings (balls roll, right?!), then give it to Mr. RC: "Technically, roller bearings are the best option for highly loaded, slowly rotating applications - and they take up very little real estate compared with ball bearings."...... :banghead:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Marketing's wrong with the industry....so you put 6900 ball bearings, call them ROLLER bearings (balls roll, right?!), then give it to Mr. RC: "Technically, roller bearings are the best option for highly loaded, slowly rotating applications - and they take up very little real estate compared with ball bearings."...... :banghead:
marketing is what's wrong with *every* industry.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Shoes with any sort of built in sock thing.............I don't get it. Do people not wear socks or do you want to have a sock on your sock yo?
Isn't this common on winter shoes? Build in neoprene socks? Idea is that there is no gap between shoe and sock so that no snow can collect in it I was told. Never owned a pair as I am a flat pedal only rider in the winter.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Isn't this common on winter shoes? Build in neoprene socks? Idea is that there is no gap between shoe and sock so that no snow can collect in it I was told. Never owned a pair as I am a flat pedal only rider in the winter.
not so much a suck, but more of an ankle gaiter to keep snow out. a good number of clipless shoes for winter are mid / high tops now, so that kind of giater isn't necessary.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Not on any real winter shoes. On some of those roadie shoes with neoprene cuffs that people buy because they are cheap and then their feet end up freezing and they decide they hate riding in the winter...yes.

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
It's beyond me that even Adidas can't manage to make a 5.10 riding look good.

My Freerider Pros are like 5% less ugly than the Impact XVIs that they replaced, which were 5% less ugly than the Impact IIs I had before.