Quantcast

***This is your Sunday GMT***

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Yowzers, it got windy last night. Supposed to continue through out the day. I will use this as an excuse to not pedal into work today.

edit: The end is nigh for fruit too I guess. Apricot was nasty. :fie:

Last edited:

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I'm ready to not be in D.C. and to head home. Fortunately this is what's happening tomorrow, though I wish it were yesterday. I'm not a city person, apparently.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I kind of want to go for an easy early morning ride, but my bed is pretty damn comfy right now.

Maybe a beer would help...

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Long night at work. Got home and could not sleep so I put the final touches on this last minute rifle job instead.

Heater core job on the expedition this week, then it's off to camping every weekend for the next month and a half.....

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Rode with friends this morning. Temperature is finally down but humidity still up there. As a bonus, I got to heckle a friend who just got a plus bike and managed to get a puncture and slice the sidewall of his paper thin Schwalbe and had to walk out. :D

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Rode with friends this morning. Temperature is finally down but humidity still up there. As a bonus, I got to heckle a friend who just got a plus bike and managed to get a puncture and slice the sidewall of his paper thin Schwalbe and had to walk out. :D

That dirt looks incredible.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

Hopefully with continued shaming he'll see the error of his ways.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
going to listen to avishai cohen/jazz all day and slip into a bulleit induced coma.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Watching WC DH currently. Errands and work around the the house to do. Meh.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande

I have a set of Racing Ralfs in 2.4 if you are interested...free of course.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Went climbing with the kids this morning. Maybe more Thai tonight?

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Watching bits of the fight on YouTube. Looks like it was of interest for those interested in such things.

Bass plugged in to amp. About time to plug lunch into face.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
:thumb:

*how's that digit doing today?
Soft brace doing a good job of immobilizing it. Any motion hurts like a mofo. Brace designer is a cruel bastard as it requires contortion of the thumb to get on/off.

Finally got the radiology consult results: displaced gamekeeper thumb fracture. I get to spend tomorrow morning calling around looking for an opening with a ortho. I suspect availability will be inversely proportional to quality.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
That little chunk is attached to my ulnar collateral ligament. Don't think ice and rest is going to fix that.

Interesting to see that little floater by my index finger. That was probably a little bone chip from a crash a decade ago.

xray.jpg

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Just finished mowing. I haven't mowed the backyard in 6 weeks, which meant 6 weeks of well watered and sun exposed grass full of poop. It took me 2 hours to do 40'x20' and I'll still need to mow midweek to get the stragglers. It's mostly down to 5-6" now, I think. But it was at over a foot, so... yeah.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Did a big, good, solo ride this morning. I had to cut my ride a little short. With an extra 30 minutes, I could have completed my intended loop, but I was already 30 minutes late sooo... Back home I went. It was ok though, it was still a great ride. And we were headed to the waterpark this afternoon, so I was ok getting home quick.

Waterpark was a semi-success. My youngest was all over it, doing all the rides he could manage. My oldest was more cautious. He wanted to do the big slide, he really wanted to, but was also too scared. He had an hour-long full-on meltdown, he couldn't handle those conflicting emotions! I got him an ice cream and convinced him to go on the big 4-person tube with the rest of us, and then it was all good and everyone had a blast.

School starts on Tuesday, so it was a good way to close out the summer.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I decided to start opening boxes packed by Atlas Van Lines in August of 2008. I found 4 helmets and 3 sets of gloves that match plus my old camping mess kit. I also made a jalapeño omelette. Win.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
F-yeah, capped off a 3-race series this weekend. Started out yesterday with a lap on the local flow trail. Came in 2nd, just barely behind the local pro rider that wins every XC race, ahead of a few riders I'm usually behind. Super muddy, as were 2 out of 3 of these races. I just slammed it and turned it up to 11, making sure I still hit the doubles and step-ups for fun. Great way to get started, especially beating so many people younger :D

2nd race was a fat-tire crit, 1 mile track and us in the expert cat did 7 laps. I got 4th in this, not as good as before and I was starting to feel it, despite keeping my hydration and intake up. One guy, Andy, seemed to take off uphill into the wind right off the bat and every lap he got just a few more feet in front of me. This was definitely turned way up, as you couldn't drink or eat anything, you were just moving too fast the whole time.

3rd race was today at the ski resort/bike park. This was an XC race with a 3.5 mile course with 1000' vert of climbing/descent on each lap. Experts did 4 laps. Course after going full effort on the day before, most of us weren't exactly fresh...except Will, he's the local pro that wins. There were more people that turned out for this today. Such a kickass course though, with gut-wrenching climbs and then using the DH trails to go back down again. On each lap you had 4 steep climbs and the downhills had some fun features like gaps, hips, drops, etc. Not double black trails or anything, but hard enough that I loved having my dropper and felt like I was really able to leverage my DH skills. This time I beat Andy, which felt good to get some position back that I lost on the race before. Got 5th on this one, but it felt really good and was a better finish than the race above. The race course was so kickass though, so glad they put this on. Cross country means going up AND down, and both should be challenging.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
A nice day on the rez. Hop harvest has started. Apples and other fruits are all coming off and so are the veggies finally. Driving around there are many different odors to take in.

I visited the organic pepper farm and pulled a 5 gallon bucket of jalapeños out of a row with 2 other people. It took 10 minutes. They wanted to trade me a few boxes of plums for it. That is fine, I'll pick the plums tomorrow and drop them off. The jalapeños will get divided up amongst the crew.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
A nice day on the rez. Hop harvest has started. Apples and other fruits are all coming off and so are the veggies finally. Driving around there are many different odors to take in.

I visited the organic pepper farm and pulled a 5 gallon bucket of jalapeños out of a row with 2 other people. It took 10 minutes. They wanted to trade me a few boxes of plums for it. That is fine, I'll pick the plums tomorrow and drop them off. The jalapeños will get divided up amongst the crew.
Organic/home grown jalapenos can be freaking crazy hot. We grew some in AZ one time and they were way way hotter than anything you'd ever find in a supermarket.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Home from N*. Still dry, dusty and rocky. They were having an enduro race this weekend so tickets Sat/Sun were only $40. And the lifts were empty since all those suckers have to climb...

Topped off with Log Cabin and an introduction to Burger Me. Can't beat a weekend with the boys.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
F-yeah, capped off a 3-race series this weekend. Started out yesterday with a lap on the local flow trail. Came in 2nd, just barely behind the local pro rider that wins every XC race, ahead of a few riders I'm usually behind. Super muddy, as were 2 out of 3 of these races. I just slammed it and turned it up to 11, making sure I still hit the doubles and step-ups for fun. Great way to get started, especially beating so many people younger :D

2nd race was a fat-tire crit, 1 mile track and us in the expert cat did 7 laps. I got 4th in this, not as good as before and I was starting to feel it, despite keeping my hydration and intake up. One guy, Andy, seemed to take off uphill into the wind right off the bat and every lap he got just a few more feet in front of me. This was definitely turned way up, as you couldn't drink or eat anything, you were just moving too fast the whole time.

3rd race was today at the ski resort/bike park. This was an XC race with a 3.5 mile course with 1000' vert of climbing/descent on each lap. Experts did 4 laps. Course after going full effort on the day before, most of us weren't exactly fresh...except Will, he's the local pro that wins. There were more people that turned out for this today. Such a kickass course though, with gut-wrenching climbs and then using the DH trails to go back down again. On each lap you had 4 steep climbs and the downhills had some fun features like gaps, hips, drops, etc. Not double black trails or anything, but hard enough that I loved having my dropper and felt like I was really able to leverage my DH skills. This time I beat Andy, which felt good to get some position back that I lost on the race before. Got 5th on this one, but it felt really good and was a better finish than the race above. The race course was so kickass though, so glad they put this on. Cross country means going up AND down, and both should be challenging.
And I brought my AM bike today in addition to my XC one, so I could go DH after the XC race this morning. Fucking win. Fucking not going to be able to sleep tonight after all this awesome riding.