Quantcast

This just rips me up.....

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
My parents came up from Phoenix for the past couple days. They left today. I felt great while they spent time with my stepkids, however, I was ripped apart when the time came to visit Alaina, and instead of hugs/kisses, they get to "see" her at her plot, them sitting on the grass. How the hell do I get through this damn depression, knowing the hugs/kisses/"I love you, gma/gpa" will never happen??? The one detail in my life I always wanted my parents to be proud about, and Alaina's covered with grass.....

Damn I need to ride my bike, get to Northstar/Mammoth/Kirkwood to hit the trails, just to feel Alaina blowing through my hair and showing me it's ok........

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Dude, not to try and understand your pain, but that's not her under the grass, that's the vehicle and vessel that held a beautiful spirit and soul. She is in the sunrise, she's that butterfly that goes by you on the trails, she is the thoughts of happy times that pop into your head. Her spirit follows you everywhere. I hope that peace comes to you more often than pain, my friend.

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
Thank you. A ride I did, and it felt great today. X3, you brought a tear to my eye mentioning the butterfly, because that's the symbol for Compassionate Friends, that when we our children leave, they are transformed into butterflies. Daisy, if my heart didn't love Alaina so much, it wouldn't hurt so bad, so I know she's always there. JohnE, your avatar and no more......