Quantcast

This looks like a great buy for a HID light...

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
johnbryanpeters said:
At $289 the price is still stupid high.
Yah but it's also super bright.

If you get it don't look at other people while talking you'll burn their eyes right out from their sockets.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
johnbryanpeters said:
At $289 the price is still stupid high.
I am with you on the price being high, but if you have been out on the trail with someone that has one, you know it is worth the money!!! I have a NR head trip I got this fall. a bunch of guys I ride with have the NR HID lights... I didn't want to spend the money on one cause I didn't know if I would like night rideing enough to spend that kinda money!!! I ended up buying an upgraded 15w bulb for mine just so I could eliminate all the shadows cast by riders with HID's behind me!!!
THEY ARE STUPID BRIGHT

Qman

Monkey
Feb 7, 2005
loco said:
All of the reviews show how great it is. They don't show you all of them that fail on rides.

Just buy one of these for $40 more. You can go for the same money with the slow charger, but I would get the rapid. 2 years with good success now.

http://www.lumelighting.com/store/index.asp?prid=49
I concur. It's a great light. 3 years now with no issues but countless friends that've had various Niterider products fail on the trail.
Sometimes you can find a 10% discount banner on mtbr. Just keep refreshing the homepage.

brungeman said:
I am with you on the price being high, but if you have been out on the trail with someone that has one, you know it is worth the money!!! I have a NR head trip I got this fall. a bunch of guys I ride with have the NR HID lights... I didn't want to spend the money on one cause I didn't know if I would like night rideing enough to spend that kinda money!!! I ended up buying an upgraded 15w bulb for mine just so I could eliminate all the shadows cast by riders with HID's behind me!!!
THEY ARE STUPID BRIGHT
Stupid bright is not necessarily better. IMO a light that's too bright gives you tunnel vision.

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
Skookum said:
Yah but it's also super bright.

If you get it don't look at other people while talking you'll burn their eyes right out from their sockets.
Same thing with the Trailtech. I have to be careful not to look directly at people when talking to them during stops. :cool: