Quantcast

This made me feel old...

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
I was thinking about Star Wars today. It came out almost 35 years ago. I was 7. I saw it at a drive-in with my family.

That is longer than the time from the end of WWII to when Star Wars was released.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
and now you can go see jar jar binks in imax 3d this summer!
Nope. Big nope.

The wife and I were discussing when my 3 year old will see Star Wars for the first time. It WILL be the original theatrical release of "A New Hope". It WILL NOT ever be "Phantom Menace". He will have to wait till he's 18 and/or moved out to see it. It's not allowed in my house.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
I was 6...and a half....and I remember we got to the movie a bit late. We walked in just as Darth Vader walks onto the rebel ship....right after the blaster fight. And without the advent of the VCR, it was quite possibly 15 years before I ever actually saw the very beginning of the damned movie.

I just recently started showing my 6-year clips of star wars on youtube. She drew me a picture of Darth Vader the other day.......

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
The original Star Wars was released 3 years before I was born. Empire was released 3 weeks before I was born. Even though I never saw the originals in the theater I was still raised on those movies.

It always makes me feel old when I talk punk music with kids now a days and tell them that my first concert was the Ramones. They look at me like I'm ancient... I'm only 31 dammit.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Went back to school last year. Hang out with a bunch of people that were born my Sophomore year in high-school. In many ways I feel younger than they are, I work and play much harder than they can.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Is it time for your hip replacement yet?
And whatever you do, don't mix prune juice and vodka. It ends poorly. Well, unless you have Depends.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
...but couldnt handle the conversations about twilight and beiber
I'm sure you drove her crazy talking about Twilight.

<edit>I remember when Star Wars was released, I also got nothing but Star Wars shwag that year for Christmas.

I saw Bruce Lee in Enter the Dragon at the drive-in for my first drive-in movie at 5.

Last edited:

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
I was 6...and a half....and I remember we got to the movie a bit late. We walked in just as Darth Vader walks onto the rebel ship....right after the blaster fight. And without the advent of the VCR, it was quite possibly 15 years before I ever actually saw the very beginning of the damned movie.

I just recently started showing my 6-year clips of star wars on youtube. She drew me a picture of Darth Vader the other day.......
Where the hell was I???